WAG Level 8 beam deduction?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 18037

“My daughters level 8 beam is going well, but she doesn’t quite have her acro skill (fwo) yet. How much of an up to level deduction is it?”

No forward/sideward skills is a 0.1 composition deduction. Only 0.05 if have a forward dismount like front tuck or layout. Would need to know all skills in routine to determine up to level deductions, since it is based on total acro/dance/dismount skills and their values in the routine.

What are her other acro skills?

No forward/sideward skills is a 0.1 composition deduction. Only 0.05 if have a forward dismount like front tuck or layout. Would need to know all skills in routine to determine up to level deductions, since it is based on total acro/dance/dismount skills and their values in the routine.

She is doing a BT dismount currently.

And other not up to level deductions, I know she takes a hit for her BWO-BHS. I was having a discussion with another parent who was concerned about her start value being really low. In the scheme of things it sounds like the Forward/sideward skill for 0.1 is rather minor.

In the scheme of points it seems getting more consistent on her connection and upgrading the connection would be more important then the forward skill.

Also because I'm curious what counts as a sideward skill and a forward skill. And I can barely remember what counts as an acro skill.

Thanks

To add she has a cartwheel into her dismount. That's a foreward skill as well, correct? Not the most "optimal" but a forward skill.

She is coming off an injury that kept her out most of the fall. She will in all likelihood be a 2 year 8

To add she has a cartwheel into her dismount. That's a foreward skill as well, correct? Not the most "optimal" but a forward skill.

She is coming off an injury that kept her out most of the fall. She will in all likelihood be a 2 year 8
Yes, cartwheel counts as a sidward skill so that covers it just like a front walkover would. Only difference is FWO is a B so could be one of the 4 counting B's level 8's need. So if she is not replacing it with another B, that would be 0.3 off the start value.

Reactions: sce
Yes, cartwheel counts as a sidward skill so that covers it just like a front walkover would. Only difference is FWO is a B so could be one of the 4 counting B's level 8's need. So if she is not replacing it with another B, that would be 0.3 off the start value.
She has 5 Bs if she makes them all. She usually misses at least 1 and more are likely.

But if she makes all her B what would the hit for the CW be. And what would the it be if a gymmie has all their Bs up to level but no forward/side skill

She has 5 Bs if she makes them all. She usually misses at least 1 and more are likely.

But if she makes all her B what would the hit for the CW be. And what would the it be if a gymmie has all their Bs up to level but no forward/side skill
Failure to perform both backward and forward/sideward acro is a 0.1 compositional deduction. Both FWO and cartwheel count the same towards the FWD/SWD. Doing a cartwheel to back tuck dismount is a 0.05 up to level dismount deduction. I can't tell you what acro or dance composition deduction there might be unless I know which B skills she has in her routine, if they are dance or acro, flight or non-flight. If you list all the skills in her routine I can do this.

Failure to perform both backward and forward/sideward acro is a 0.1 compositional deduction. Both FWO and cartwheel count the same towards the FWD/SWD. Doing a cartwheel to back tuck dismount is a 0.05 up to level dismount deduction. I can't tell you what acro or dance composition deduction there might be unless I know which B skills she has in her routine, if they are dance or acro, flight or non-flight. If you list all the skills in her routine I can do this.
Ok she is snoozing so I can’t get specifics and I’m am truly a dope about specific

But here goes, if you need more clarification it’ll have to wait until tomorrow

She counted her leaps jumps and her series so

1- series connected
2- leap
3-split jump
4- 3/4 turn/jump
5-full turn (one leg bent/raised)

Ok she is snoozing so I can’t get specifics and I’m am truly a dope about specific

But here goes, if you need more clarification it’ll have to wait until tomorrow

She counted her leaps jumps and her series so

1- series connected
2- leap
3-split jump
4- 3/4 turn/jump
5-full turn (one leg bent/raised)

BWO/BHS - A to B
leap(assuming split leap) - B
Split jump - B
jump 3/4 - B
full turn - A
Cartwheel to BT dismount - A to A

So this routine meets all requirements and has 10 SV. It will have 0.05 dismount level composition deduction and 0.15 acro composition deduction. Adding the FWO will bring the acro ded down to 0.1 and will be a back-up B in case she doesn't get credit for one of her 4 B's. This can happen if lead leg isn't completely straight on the leap, or if leap or jump aren't close enough to 180, or if doesn't get feet on beam on BHS leanding.

BWO/BHS - A to B
leap(assuming split leap) - B
Split jump - B
jump 3/4 - B
full turn - A
Cartwheel to BT dismount - A to A

So this routine meets all requirements and has 10 SV. It will have 0.05 dismount level composition deduction and 0.15 acro composition deduction. Adding the FWO will bring the acro ded down to 0.1 and will be a back-up B in case she doesn't get credit for one of her 4 B's. This can happen if lead leg isn't completely straight on the leap, or if leap or jump aren't close enough to 180, or if doesn't get feet on beam on BHS leanding.
Do the BHS BHS would add a B

And thanks I actually think I get it. That in itself is a miracle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back