WAG Level 8 beam deductions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ASorrells

Proud Parent
This is what my Daughter is doing for her beam ( just asking about the acro and dismount deductions she has all the other elements).
What will be her deductions for the following :
Cartwheel roundoff series
Standing back tuck
Cartwheel gainer dismount
Thank you for your input
Take care

Acro up to level deduction will be 0.1(acro series with 1 B flight and additional B acro). Dismount up to level deduction will be 0.05 if connected to cartwheel, 0.1 if not.

Acro up to level deduction will be 0.1(acro series with 1 B flight and additional B acro). Dismount up to level deduction will be 0.05 if connected to cartwheel, 0.1 if not.
Can you check mine? I have 2 level 8 dds.
YDD doing BHS BHS series and bwo or back tuck (only if she can get it consistently) RO BT dismount.

ODD doing BWO BHS series and BHS plus RO BT dismount.

DD beam routine.

BHS BHS
Round off full dismount
Switch leap
Tuck 3/4 jump
Split jump beat jump Connected
Full turn

What will her start value be? Her and a teammate spoke about their routines all the way to gym today.

DD beam routine.

BHS BHS
Round off full dismount
Switch leap
Tuck 3/4 jump
Full turn

What will her start value be? Her and a teammate spoke about their routines all the way to gym today.
This should be completely fine! I'm not an expert, but I can't imagine any not up to level deductions with this.

ETA: Clearly do not listen to me. LOL! I have no idea what I am talking about. This optional stuff is so confusing.

DD beam routine.

BHS BHS
Round off full dismount
Switch leap
Tuck 3/4 jump
Full turn

10SV but is going to get an 0.05 acro composition deduction. Need series plus two additional acro skills on beam for no deduction, just needs to be an A.

So does this mean that routine is valued at a 9.9 start value? I am very confused by deduction versus start value.
No, routine has 10 start(as long as all other requirements met) composition deductions are taken along with execution deductions after SV determined.

This should be completely fine! I'm not an expert, but I can't imagine any not up to level deductions with this.

ETA: Clearly do not listen to me. LOL! I have no idea what I am talking about. This optional stuff is so confusing.
Join the club. Been studying this stuff for years and still have questions.

10SV but is going to get an 0.05 acro composition deduction. Need series plus two additional acro skills on beam for no deduction, just needs to be an A.

That is what she said when she got out of the car. Scary what 11 year Olds know in the crazy gymnastics world.

Thank you so Much.

Ok, now I'm curious since it seems things are getting figured out with my DD's routine. How would this work:
BHS BHS
Leap then Beat Jump (connected - is that normal and does that count?)
Split Jump
BT
Full Turn
RO Layout dismount

I have one too!
Mount is cast to handstand from front support
BWO BHS
Switch split changement
BT
Full turn
Dismount is FLO

Ok, now I'm curious since it seems things are getting figured out with my DD's routine. How would this work:
BHS BHS
Leap then Beat Jump (connected - is that normal and does that count?)
Split Jump
BT
Full Turn
RO Layout dismount
No up to level deductions for this routine.

I have one too!
Mount is cast to handstand from front support
BWO BHS
Switch split changement
BT
Full turn
Dismount is FLO
Acro up to level deduction is 0.1.(because of series) Not completely sure what “switch split changement” means, but if it’s switch leap/beat jump then will be 0.1 dance up to level deduction because need 2 dance B’s for no deduction. No up to level ded on dismount, as long as FLO is punch from two feet.

My dd is doing the following and I am wondering too if it is "up to level":

BHS/RO series
BT
jump series (I don't know what)
turn
FLO dismount

Acro up to level deduction is 0.1.(because of series) Not completely sure what “switch split changement” means, but if it’s switch leap/beat jump then will be 0.1 dance up to level deduction because need 2 dance B’s for no deduction. No up to level ded on dismount, as long as FLO is punch from two feet.
Thanks! Canadian gym terms :) it’s a switch leap beat jump.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back