WAG Level 8 beam question...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MinnieGymMom

Proud Parent
So, my youngest daughter, 8 years old, just competed level 7. On beam, her series and dismount was BHS BHS BLO. I know that in level 7 you can't to 3 of the same skill...(right!?) and I think the plan for level 8 is to do BHS BLO step out and BHS BHS BLO as dismount. I know her coaches can't be wrong but that means Im wrong. So the question is can you do 3 of the same skills in level 8 but not level 7. Thanks

So, my youngest daughter, 8 years old, just competed level 7. On beam, her series and dismount was BHS BHS BLO. I know that in level 7 you can't to 3 of the same skill...(right!?) and I think the plan for level 8 is to do BHS BLO step out and BHS BHS BLO as dismount. I know her coaches can't be wrong but that means Im wrong. So the question is can you do 3 of the same skills in level 8 but not level 7. Thanks
You can do however many skills you want. Only the first 2 get counted, no matter the level. Now, one of those handsprings probably lands with 2 feet and therefor is a different skill. Even if it isn't, she probably doesn't need the value of it, most have enough other elements

You can do however many skills you want. Only the first 2 get counted, no matter the level. Now, one of those handsprings probably lands with 2 feet and therefor is a different skill. Even if it isn't, she probably doesn't need the value of it, most have enough other elements
OHHH! Now that I'm realizing this I sound a little dumb but yes she does do the second BHS with two feet. Thanks so much!

You are correct that you only get credit for the same skill twice, however, a BHS step out and a BHS two-foot (feet together landing) are considered two different skills on balance beam.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back