Parents Level 8 Floor - is the tumbling oK?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ASorrells

Proud Parent
My daughter recently changed her tumbling and I am wondering if it is still ok for level 8-
This is what she is doing :
Round off Full
Front handspring front layout
front tuck front tuck or front tuck front lay out- I think it is the latter but sometimes I see her do the other
Thank you for your help!

Yes, those tumbling passes fulfill level 8 requirements. Doing the front tuck/front tuck instead of the FT/front layout for the 3rd pass with get a small 0.05 up to level composition deduction.

My daughter recently changed her tumbling and I am wondering if it is still ok for level 8-
This is what she is doing :
Round off Full
Front handspring front layout
front tuck front tuck or front tuck front lay out- I think it is the latter but sometimes I see her do the other
Thank you for your help!

Yes I think this looks fine for level 8. I think with the new rules the last pass must end in a B. My daughter is a second year L8 and last year her passes were front front pike, front handspring front pike and front full (she prefers front timbling and has an elbow issue). This year her passes will be front full, front step out round off back tuck or lay and lastly front pike pike

Up to level composition for level 8 floor, all passes must include a B to get no deduction. An all front tumbling routine will get flat 0.1 composition deduction for failure to perform saltos in two directions.

Up to level composition for level 8 floor, all passes must include a B to get no deduction. An all front tumbling routine will get flat 0.1 composition deduction for failure to perform saltos in two directions.

Yes, my daughter happily took that deduction last year of .1 and still scored well. It was worth it to her. This year she won’t have that deduction but will have .05 I understand if she doesn’t put the lay in her one back pass because one pass won’t have a B. She is ok with this. It’s a small deduction. . Whatever makes her happy

Yes, my daughter happily took that deduction last year of .1 and still scored well. It was worth it to her. This year she won’t have that deduction but will have .05 I understand if she doesn’t put the lay in her one back pass because one pass won’t have a B. She is ok with this. It’s a small deduction. . Whatever makes her happy
Yes, absolutely agree, both deductions very small and worth taking. Backlayout is still an A though, so will have the 0.05 deduction for the middle pass whether it's a tuck or layout.

Question: DD passes are:

RO HS 1.5 Punch front tuck
RO HS Full
FHS FLO

DO those get her any up to deductions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back