Level 8 Floor Pass Mom Confusion

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

AMR

Could someone please give me an example of level 8 floor passes in a routine? I am a 'new' level 8 mom and don't quite understand what my daughter is explaining :eek:. Level 7 seemed much less complicated.

I think she said 1) front handspring, front layout, front tuck(is the tuck optional?) 2) round off back layout full 3) round off back layout (isn't that really similar to the full?).

Does this sound right? I've seen the dance part of her routine but they just started adding the tumbling in also.

She also does a double turn in her routine and a switch side, straddle if it makes a difference.

Yes, I could ask the coach but it's really not coach-worthy question. I'm just looking for mom clarification :)

Thank you.
a

For level 8 floor, you need a double salto pass (her fhs front layout front tuck), so if she didn't do the front tuck, she wouldn't have a 10.0 start value. The layout and the full are similar in a way...but the full is much harder. But yes, those passes are pretty normal for a level 8 routine :)

It's fine for L8. Those are the standard passes at my gym for L8, and yes, if she does a full and a layout for two passes, she needs to do the front layout front tuck. One of the requirements is a pass with at least two saltos-- so, the front layout (salto 1) and the front tuck (salto 2).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back