WAG level 8 floor questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ASorrells

Proud Parent
My daughter recently changed her tumbling and I am wondering if it is still ok for level 8-
This is what she is doing :
Round off Full
Front handspring front layout
front tuck front tuck or front tuck front lay out- I think it is the latter but sometimes I see her do the other
Thank you for your help!

Just answered you in the other thread. But you are right, this belongs here, not the parent forum.

Yes, those tumbling passes fulfill level 8 requirements. Doing the front tuck/front tuck instead of the FT/front layout for the 3rd pass with get a small 0.05 up to level composition deduction.

Just answered you in the other thread. But you are right, this belongs here, not the parent forum.

Yes, those tumbling passes fulfill level 8 requirements. Doing the front tuck/front tuck instead of the FT/front layout for the 3rd pass with get a small 0.05 up to level composition deduction.
Thank you :)

Wait, level 8 has to have 3 passes now? Is that new? My dd is repeating level 8, always scored high on floor last year with 2 passes. She has

RH, BHS, full
FT, Fpike last year; upgraded to a FL this year

Also I thought that one of the passes had to have 3 elements? maybe I'm wrong

No level has to have 3 passes. Main special requirements for level 8 are a two salto pass and 3 different saltos in routine. But new clarified composition deductions say a 2 pass routine must contain 2 directly connected saltos in each pass(1 a B) for no deduction. So routine described above will get 0.05 deduction.

No level has to have 3 passes. Main special requirements for level 8 are a two salto pass and 3 different saltos in routine. But new clarified composition deductions say a 2 pass routine must contain 2 directly connected saltos in each pass(1 a B) for no deduction. So routine described above will get 0.05 deduction.

Ah, I'm guessing that dd's coach doesn't care about the 0.05 deduction? My dd routine would have to drastically change to allow for 3 passes. Would a whip back count as a salto?

Yes, a whip is an A salto.
Hi, quick question about level 8 floor. ODD is doing 2 passes-
1st pass is RO whip to back tuck or full if it is consistent.
2nd pass is FT FT (hopefully will get it to FT FP, but not there yet)
What would the UTL deductions for that-she has all required dance leaps, turns, ect.
YDD is doing
1st pass RO whip to back tuck or full
2nd pass FT FT -will be FT FP when it is consistent.
Will there be any deductions? Thanks!

1st pass RO/whip/full
2nd pass FT/FP
no composition deductions, since both passes have directly connected saltos(one a B) and last salto a B

1st pass RO/whip/back tuck
2nd pas FT/FT
0.2 for acro level (no B saltos) plus 0.05 for choice of last salto(only A+A)

1st pass RO/whip/full
2nd pas FT/FT
0.1 for acro level plus 0.05 last salto choice

1st pass RO/whip/back tuck
2nd pass FT/FP
0.1 for acro level

Would there be any UTL deductions for:
1) ROBHS full
2) Front tuck through to a ROBHS layout
3) front handspring front layout (maybe this one gets a deduction??)
thanks!

Would there be any UTL deductions for:
1) ROBHS full
2) Front tuck through to a ROBHS layout
3) front handspring front layout (maybe this one gets a deduction??)
thanks!

It's actually the middle pass that incurs the deduction. Back full and front layout are both B's, so those passes are up to level. Middle pass is two A's, not directly connected, so routine would get either 0.05 or 0.1 up to level comp ded. The chart doesn't specify what to do with this situation - A+A salto directly connected as that pass specifies 0.05, single A salto specifies 0.1 - so will be up to judge to decide to apply 0.05 or 0.1.

It's actually the middle pass that incurs the deduction. Back full and front layout are both B's, so those passes are up to level. Middle pass is two A's, not directly connected, so routine would get either 0.05 or 0.1 up to level comp ded. The chart doesn't specify what to do with this situation - A+A salto directly connected as that pass specifies 0.05, single A salto specifies 0.1 - so will be up to judge to decide to apply 0.05 or 0.1.
Maybe I described that wrong?? She does a front tuck and goes straight into the robhs layout. Although if that pass would still get the deduction, would she better off taking out that pass and just doing the two other passes? Wow this gets confusing!

Maybe I described that wrong?? She does a front tuck and goes straight into the robhs layout. Although if that pass would still get the deduction, would she better off taking out that pass and just doing the two other passes? Wow this gets confusing!
I know it's confusing! Directly connected means saltos directly connected(like front tuck/front tuck). She needs the middle pass because it is her two salto pass, and she needs three different saltos total in the exercise. Basically a level 8 needs a B salto in each pass to get no up to level deduction.

I know it's confusing! Directly connected means saltos directly connected(like front tuck/front tuck). She needs the middle pass because it is her two salto pass, and she needs three different saltos total in the exercise. Basically a level 8 needs a B salto in each pass to get no up to level deduction.
Ah, ok. That makes sense. One more question: is there anything she could change in the middle pass to make it up to the level? It might not even be worth it if it is a small deduction!

Ah, ok. That makes sense. One more question: is there anything she could change in the middle pass to make it up to the level? It might not even be worth it if it is a small deduction!
Upgrading the back layout to a half or full would eliminate the deduction, but as you said it is a small deduction and not worth changing tumbling if gymnast isn't there yet/able to execute that level of tumbling well. A clean/well executed pass with a. 0.05 composition deduction is better than a more difficult pass with execution deductions.

Upgrading the back layout to a half or full would eliminate the deduction, but as you said it is a small deduction and not worth changing tumbling if gymnast isn't there yet/able to execute that level of tumbling well. A clean/well executed pass with a. 0.05 composition deduction is better than a more difficult pass with execution deductions.
Ohh. Ok, now I get it. They did try it with the full but her landing was a bit pikey, so they must have decided it would be better to take a small deduction. Thanks for your help!

Ohh. Ok, now I get it. They did try it with the full but her landing was a bit pikey, so they must have decided it would be better to take a small deduction. Thanks for your help!
You are welcome. Sounds like her coaches are on top of it and making the best choice for the gymnast. Hope she has a great season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back