MAG Level 8 vault start values?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

LilHawkMom

Proud Parent
Does anyone know what the start values are for level 8 vaults or at least be able to put this list in an order of least start value to highest start value if you don't know the actual numbers? Also, would the start value be different for level 9 or 10? Thank you!

tsukahara tucked
tsukahara piked
tsukahara lay out
yama****a
yama****a half
front handspring front
front handspring pike

I can find lots of info about the girls (as above) but not the boys - thinking about getting a code of points so DS the elder will stop asking!

The boys' values are the same as FIG. Yama is the same as front handspring 12.0. Tucked Tsuk, front handspring front tuck, and Yurchenko are 12.8. Piked Tsuk and Yurchnkos are 3.0 Front handspring front pike 3.2.

The vault scoring for our team has been all over the place and confusing. For example a level 8 yamas*ita got a 12.5 and on fig it says 12.0. Now in JO USAG for *level 7* it says 12.5 for the same vault.

The fig values are relevant for the optional levels 8-10. Level 7 is still compulsory and those routines have their own start values.

I don't know how a yama****a could get to 12.5, but there is stick bonus and virtuosity bonus that can boost the value.

:) Or a mistake. When there are multiple levels in the same session, sometimes judges lose track of what level they're judging.

That is true. D had a judge score his pommel routine as a level 7 at a meet this year....it doesn't score well as a compulsary routine LOL> too many missng elements.

I was surprised at how many yami halfs I saw at states for the L7/L8 session. Some were L7s, but a good number were L8s. I thought most people did tsuks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back