WAG Level 9 bars routine question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gigi

Proud Parent
Does anyone know the maximum points if you do a level 8 bars routine and add a toe hecht would be worth in level 9 (so no high to low bar transition)? Thanks.

Does anyone know the maximum points if you do a level 8 bars routine and add a toe hecht would be worth in level 9 (so no high to low bar transition)? Thanks.

Would the pirouette connect directly to the toe hecht, or would the gymnast be kipping out of the pirouette first?

It will be 0.5 off the start value for having only 1 bar change.

Would the pirouette connect directly to the toe hecht, or would the gymnast be kipping out of the pirouette first?

It will be 0.5 off the start value for having only 1 bar change.

Hmmmm..not sure at this point. Does kipping out lower the start value further?

They would take .5 for each? Wow.
I’m pretty sure. My daughter did her level 8 bar routine first meet of the season, because her Pak wasn’t quite ready. Kip cast Hs, pirouette, stalder, toe hand, toe circle jump to high bar, Kip cast handstand, giant giant double pike, and had an 8.9 start value. If you kipped out of the pirouette, it would be even lower cause you’d miss a connection. At least I think so, Level 9 is crazy

You need a B-flight skill and a bar change. So yes, 2 times 0.5 off

Attachments

• IMG_20190318_081812.jpg
    IMG_20190318_081812.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 32
I don’t think the proposed routine in the OP would have the second .5 off the start value because the toe Hecht counts as a flight skill from LB to HB and the pirouette is a B element with LA turn. However, it would be missing connection for bonus if you have to kip out of the pirouette, though. You would also need to end the routine with at least a B salto dismount (so not a flyaway).

I’m pretty sure. My daughter did her level 8 bar routine first meet of the season, because her Pak wasn’t quite ready. Kip cast Hs, pirouette, stalder, toe hand, toe circle jump to high bar, Kip cast handstand, giant giant double pike, and had an 8.9 start value. If you kipped out of the pirouette, it would be even lower cause you’d miss a connection. At least I think so, Level 9 is crazy
Yes, this routine has 2 tenths of bonus (connecting the pirouette to the stalder and the stalder to the toe hand) so is missing a B flight and a 2nd bar change. Adding a toe hecht connected after the toe hand would bring the start value up to 9.5 by adding the C flight and another tenth of bonus. So, to answer the OP's questions, would have to know what you mean by a level 8 bar routine before knowing how it would stack up at level 9. As rbearclaw says it's crazy complicated.

Yes, this routine has 2 tenths of bonus (connecting the pirouette to the stalder and the stalder to the toe hand) so is missing a B flight and a 2nd bar change. Adding a toe hecht connected after the toe hand would bring the start value up to 9.5 by adding the C flight and another tenth of bonus. So, to answer the OP's questions, would have to know what you mean by a level 8 bar routine before knowing how it would stack up at level 9. As rbearclaw says it's crazy complicated.
thank you for correcting me and fixing it....I didn't know about the toe Hecht. So glad I am not involved in level 9 routine making. LOL

So what if the routine is
Kip cast hs, pirouette, toe hecht, kip cast hs, free hip handstand, giant, giant, layout 1/2 dismount
Is layout 1/2 dismount B?
Also what is an LA turn?

So what if the routine is
Kip cast hs, pirouette, toe hecht, kip cast hs, free hip handstand, giant, giant, layout 1/2 dismount
Is layout 1/2 dismount B?
Also what is an LA turn?
LA turn is a long axis turn, like a pirouette or blind change. Yes, layout half dismount is a B. This routine would have a 9.4 start value, just missing the 2nd bar change and only has 2 tenths of bonus(connecting the pirouette to the toe hecht). And would get a 0.1 composition deduction for dismount choice.

LA turn is a long axis turn, like a pirouette or blind change. Yes, layout half dismount is a B. This routine would have a 9.4 start value, just missing the 2nd bar change and only has 2 tenths of bonus(connecting the pirouette to the toe hecht). And would get a 0.1 composition deduction for dismount choice.

Thank you so much!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back