level 9 beam routine is SHORT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

do u think that a judge may mentally deduct for short routines???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

gimchick

what are the time minimum and maximum for a level 9 beam routine in USAG? My friend's routine is about 45 seconds including bonus jumps. She has very little dance........Is this fine?

Hm. Interesting question. I've never heard of a routine being too short. Can she include all the necessary skills and connections in such a short amount of time? That's the main issue, I think, is that all the necessary elements are there. I know there is a maximum time (1:30 I think) but I've not heard of a minimum.

I think they took away the minimum time thing awhile ago, but it's not just going to be mental deductions if there's no dance because they can take compositional deductions or if it looks rushed. In general you don't want be spending all day up there, but 45 seconds is pretty short for a L9 beam routine.

A sweet and short beam routine is always good but maybe add in a little extra dance. I know most of the time judges just want to get the meet over with and short beam routine is ideal, but added dance and other skills really make the routine stand out. :)

Having that little dance could certainly incur artistry deductions, and I suppose rhythm could also be a concern.

our coaches always told us time will take care of itself. get up do what you need to and get off, who wants to stay on beam longer anyway? if you're just throwing in fluff to add time and it isn't counting for anything it just creates chances to fall and give up points.

that's what we were always told. as long as you meet all the requirements the lenght shouldn't be an issue.

Short beam

Her routine s been changed to include more dance. It is now 1 :) minute even. She received an 8.725 on her routine, no falls, but her dismount was an A skill. We are satisfied, thanks for all your comments.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back