WAG level six tumbling options?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgirllove

Proud Parent
my daughter is training towards level six and we don’t know what tumbling options she has. We see everyone doing ro bhs bt but what else is out there?

Mine did a RO-BHS-BLO and then a punch front. We saw some girls do a FHS-RO-BT but I don't recall many more variations than that...

my daughter is training towards level six and we don’t know what tumbling options she has. We see everyone doing ro bhs bt but what else is out there?
There are many options. The requirements are:

SR #1—One (1) acro series min. three (3) directly connected—Two (2) with flight

Some passes that meet this requirement:

RO BHS Back Tuck
RO BHS Back Layout
FHS Step Out FHS Front Tuck
Front Tuck Step Out, RO, Back Tuck

SR #2—One (1) salto or aerial acro element (BWD/FWD/SWD) Isolated or in 2nd different connection

Some common ways to fulfill this are:

Front Tuck
FHS Front Tuck
Front Pike
FHS Front Pike
FHS Front Layout
Side Aerial
RO Back Tuck

Mine developed a pretty severe back tumbling mental block right after Level 5. She ended up to a FHS stepout FHS RO. I think that it quite unusual and probably not generally recommended but she scored decently with it- and was WAY less stressed. Raenndrops on this site made the suggestion and I am so thankful.

DD did a RO WHIP BHS BT in 6. She may have done a layout at a meet or two, I honestly don't remember! The whip was a fun addition though and we never saw others doing it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back