Levels 5 or 6?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello, I just competed level 4 this fall. I am moving up to level 5, but want to move to level 6. Is this common, and how would i go about doing this? I have mostly everything for level 5 , and could have everything for level 6. How to tell my coach i have more stuff than they expect?

Tell your coach what you just told us. A good coach will take that into account. But, the main thing is you have to prove to him that you're ready. It's the best thing for you in a long run.

Just bear in mind that L5 to L6 is a huge jump and you might have to work really hard for it.

Tell your coach what you just told us. A good coach will take that into account. But, the main thing is you have to prove to him that you're ready. It's the best thing for you in a long run.

Just bear in mind that L5 to L6 is a huge jump and you might have to work really hard for it.

I think if you can show the coach all of the skills needed for the level you want to compete, they will have an open mind.

I agree that talking with the coaches is your 1st action. Some gyms are very pro letting kids "skip" levels and others aren't. You would still have to do at least 1 Level 5 meet to get your mobility score of 31AA to start competing Level 6. Have some options in mind such as competing part of the season as a Level 5 then moving to Level 6 if you have the skills. You have to be ready to work very hard to learn skills and routines for 2 levels and I think you'll see a direct relation from the L5 to L6 skills which you don't see as much from L4 to L5.

Good luck in getting to L6.

I agree that talking with the coaches is your 1st action. Some gyms are very pro letting kids "skip" levels and others aren't. You would still have to do at least 1 Level 5 meet to get your mobility score of 31AA to start competing Level 6. Have some options in mind such as competing part of the season as a Level 5 then moving to Level 6 if you have the skills. You have to be ready to work very hard to learn skills and routines for 2 levels and I think you'll see a direct relation from the L5 to L6 skills which you don't see as much from L4 to L5.

Good luck in getting to L6.

This is very much like what i was going to say. My gym only will skip you if you can safely and sucessfully compete the next level. Our gym has another score (33) all around that is needed to score out of any level at the end of the year. But if you want to skip a level you need to score a 33 the first meet. So i think you just need to ask about the possibilities and options. But a girl on my team did skip level 5. So good luck!

A good coach should already know what you can and can't do. Its important to trust your coaches decision. There is a big difference between having the level 6 skills and competing successfully at level 6.

Remember its not all about skills either, you are not the only one in the gym and they need to cater for everyone equally. There may only be a limited number of places in level 6 so those places go first off too those who have done a season of level 5.

she is right. just tell your coach what you told us. You also have to really prove yourself if you want to move right from level 4 to 6. Just word really really hard!! keep us posted

help

trust me this is very common. Just go in there and show that you can be on level 6. Your coach will see it and let you move up to level 6... GOOD LUCK!!!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back