Lil Bird's State Meet Level 3 - Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NewtoGym

Proud Parent
It was lil bird's last meet of the year, her state meet, and it was a great experience. She has come so far since Sept and we are very proud of her. She really wanted to make it to the podium and when she got 4 red, white, and blue ribbons I think she thought she was going to for sure, but she came in 8th. Still great and the best out of her teammates. There were a few teams that dominated! Our team did fine, but I do think they were definetly the team that had the most fun ;-)

I am grateful for everything I have learned from Chalkbucket the last year. It has helped me so much understand the crazy world of gymnastics! lol

Thanks for watching. Now we have to wait and see if she is on to level 4. :)

YouTube - nancyanddan's Channel

WTG. She did great. Hard to believe that with scores that high she wasnt on that podium. Oh well..as long as she had a blast thats all that matters.

Nice job! So cute! One question... wasn't that the level 4 vault? Is that allowed? Just curious.

Thanks everyone! Yes, they do the level 4 vault. It seems that most of the level 3 teams here do. Our coach said that the level 3 was too easy for the girls? Not 100% sure.

I think that they're getting rid of the level 3 vault in the new USAG rules anyway, aren't they? I'm not sure that the summersault vault is really all that helpful in the progression of things. I didn't realize you were allowed to substitute like that though. Maybe it's a state-by-state thing. Well, that's one less thing she needs to worry about in level 4! I'm happy there's the same vault for level 5 and 6. Even though I know Kathy will need to keep improving her vault, at least she "has" it (unlike the other dozen or so level 6 skills that she needs!).

We have the level 8 vault champion for Region 2 at our gym and Portia IDOLIZES her so she tries to copy her run! lol

As for the level 3 vault, it seems that most of the teams that competed at state competed the level 4 vault, but there were some who still did the level 3.

DD just told me that the level 4 vault is on a higher mat? Not sure if this is true or not. But, at least she has the basics down. :) She also just got her back tuck and front tuck on the tramp tonight! :)

Enjoyed the video! Level 3 looks very similar to what my DD is doing in Step 3 over here. Well done to your DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back