WAG Lily’s HOPES Classic results...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats to Lily, her parents, and her coaches! I watched the livestream yesterday and Lily seemed confident, well-prepared, and most importantly, happy. I mean, obviously I don't know the intricacies of these girls experiences from a Webcast, but it was nice to see kids like Lily (because they are kids!) who seemed to be having a good time and taking it all in stride.

Only update I have seen from the Gymternet: Anther TERRIFYING bars fall, this time from Emma Boyd, who did her double tuck above the bar and landed with her neck ON THE HIGH BAR before bouncing off but thankfully after getting checked out she was able to stand up on her own and walk away.
Ugh... I was in her rotation ... I am going to say/suspect (and this may get me in hot water). But something was clearly wrong with her wrist....

Ugh... I was in her rotation ... I am going to say/suspect (and this may get me in hot water). But something was clearly wrong with her wrist....

Like after the fall? that would be a minor injury compared to what could have happened. She has to at least have a concussion.

Reactions: sce
Congrats to Lily, her parents, and her coaches! I watched the livestream yesterday and Lily seemed confident, well-prepared, and most importantly, happy. I mean, obviously I don't know the intricacies of these girls experiences from a Webcast, but it was nice to see kids like Lily (because they are kids!) who seemed to be having a good time and taking it all in stride.

I agree! She seemed to just be enjoying herself and doing her thing. Exactly the attitude needed at this level!

The girl who crashed on bars what color was her Leo? Was it black and gold? Was her name Azaraya?

I have this feeling that girl trains at our gym. He is a dad posted on Instagram about a sore neck and huge headache. I hope it was not her, I wish that no girl would have such a fall. She is the sweetest thing

Azaraya trains with her dad at DD's gym. Did anyone see how bad her fall was? Thanks

Azaraya trains with her dad at DD's gym. Did anyone see how bad her fall was? Thanks

USAG tweeted that she's fine: https://twitter.com/USAGym/status/1015421721300439040.

I didn't see the fall, but I heard she slipped on a clear hip and came down on her head/neck/shoulders, and she was taken off by medical. Let me see if I can find the tweets.
https://twitter.com/chalkwarrior/status/1015369118302724096
https://twitter.com/thegymterdotnet/status/1015369863647375360

ETA: Internet hugs to your daughter and teammates. It's stressful hearing there's a serious injury to a teammate and waiting to hear news!

The girl from the first session broke her neck but I have no other details than that. The girl in the second session was able to walk off on her own.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back