WAG Links for JO regionals scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So it looks to me like every Region but 6 is starting with the level 10's?(they start with 9's) Does seem strange to me that it wouldn't be encouraged for all to do the same. Going to have to wait until tomorrow night to know about extra spots.

I see that in Region 8 they are going out farther than 7 for Nationals- is there a list already determined regarding how many spots each age group may get extra for Nationals for 9 and 10?

Saw a post from a gym in Region 8 congratulating girls on qualifying and I can see their scores on meetscoresonline.com- I know they are not Top 7...

For our region (5), they were announcing extra spots at awards from R2 (two age groups so far)

If R2 has only 5 girls registered in an age group for example, even though they haven't competed and we don't know who scored the 35 minimum AA they would know already that there would be 2 extra spots available right off the bat.

Per the published start list, R2 only has 31 registered Juniors - across all 6 age groups! And 44 total seniors! It doesn't break down the age groups, but logically some will need fill in's for sure already.

More spots might open up by the end of their L10 sessions today if a few girls don't hit the 35.00

yes, curious though how they decide which region gets those empty spots? based on size of the field?

ie, if 3 extra spots from R2/SrD available - does the region with 30 gymnasts get the spots over the region with 20 gymnasts?

For our region (5), they were announcing extra spots at awards - mostly from R2.

If R2 has only 5 girls registered in an age group for example, even though they haven't competed and we don't know who scored the 35 minimum AA they would know already that there would be 2 extra spots available right off the bat.

R2 only has 31 registered Juniors - for all 6 age groups! And 44 seniors! It doesn't break down the age groups, but some will need fill in's for sure already.

More spots might open up by the end of their L10 sessions today if a few girls don't hit the 35.00

For our region (5), they were announcing extra spots at awards from R2 (two age groups so far)

Per the published start list, R2 only has 31 registered Juniors - across all 6 age groups! And 44 total seniors! It doesn't break down the age groups, but logically some will need fill in's for sure already.

Yes, there will likely be a few more spots by the end of the day from 2 and 4, tomorrow from 6.

yes, curious though how they decide which region gets those empty spots? based on size of the field?

ie, if 3 extra spots from R2/SrD available - does the region with 30 gymnasts get the spots over the region with 20 gymnasts?

I can't recall exactly - I know it's based on percentage of regional qualifiers now but I can't remember if that was overall or per age group (it used to be based on which age group won at nationals the previous year but that was before they took away NIT and added the extra age groups). I know it's in the code somewhere...

They are "filed based on a percentage of eligible athletes in each region, in each age division."

Qualification to Jr. Olympic Nationals
a. The top seven (7) All-Around gymnasts in each of the twelve age divisions from each of the eight regions will compete as Regional Team members at the Jr. Olympic National Championships, provided that they achieve a minimum of 35.00 AA at the Regional meet. 3) Note: Any gymnasts who tie for 7th place will attend the Jr. Olympic National Championships and will be outfitted as the other competitors. The tie-breaking procedures will be used to determine which gymnast's score will count for Regional team score and which will compete as an Individual.
b. If any region is unable to field a team of seven gymnasts per age division, the open slots will be filled based on a percentage of eligible athletes in each region, in each age division.
c. If a region fills at least five (5) out of the seven (7) slots, they will compete as a regional team in that age division.

So do they release spots available before the meet?
They must have - someone in Jr A R8 knew in the middle of the session that they were taking 9 from Jr A and 10 from Jr. B.

But then, I suppose if an age group only has 6 girls, so one spot released. Then if any of those girls don't get the qualifying score, that would open up another spot?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back