WAG Links to well performed floor routines?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flyaway

Proud Parent
I'm looking for youtube videos of well performed floor routines, preferably levels 6-8. Dd has her first non-compulsory routine and I was wanting to show her what it looked like to really "perform" the routine rather than just go through the motions. Anyone got anything for me?

*eta: higher levels are ok as I imagine lower level videos are harder to find. I was just hoping to find some close to her skill level.

I wouldn't necessarily say my dd's routine is well performed, but here is a really good angle of her floor routine from 2016, level 7. It got her to regionals that year...so I guess it was good enough...lol!

Look up Sophia Groth on YouTube. She had some excellent routines at that level.

I don't have any specific links, but maybe search for first place floor routines at State meets or Regionals from the last few years? There are a lot of good ones if you search "level 8 regionals floor routine" or "level 8 regionals floor routine first place" and filter by Upload Date.

See if you can find any level 6/7 videos on Southeastern Gymnastics. We competed against them a couple of years ago and their kids had the most beautifully choreographed routines. We did well against them but we looked like amateurs on floor. In a class of their own. It is the only time I have seen them since we don't live in that area of the country, but wow.

See if you can find any level 6/7 videos on Southeastern Gymnastics. We competed against them a couple of years ago and their kids had the most beautifully choreographed routines. We did well against them but we looked like amateurs on floor. In a class of their own. It is the only time I have seen them since we don't live in that area of the country, but wow.

Here's one.. starts at 1:52. We competed against Southeastern all the time in compulsories and they usually won floor. But I think that a lot of their girls look kind of robotic on floor and beam, at least in the compulsory levels. I think that is how they are taught to do the compulsory routines though, very sharp and precise. No doubt they have some amazing athletes though!

Easiest way is to go on to Youtube and type in Level 7 floor routine and tada! You will get a variety and most people don't post "bad" routines to youtube.

Clearly this one had a lot of talent since she's elite now, but considering I think she competed old level 5 just a few months before this it's pretty awesome. A lot of this though is choreography. The entire team used this music and it suited everyone amazingly well.

Here is another - Amazing presentation on all events for levels 7 & 8.

I'm clearly very biased but I like to think that my DDs floor routines are performed pretty well, she always gets complimented on her facial expressions and how she really gets into the routine and the music. Below is a link of her level 8 floor routine from regionals where she took 2nd place and her level 10 floor routine from nationals where she placed 9th.

That routine:

I just wish she had covered more of the floor. With a routine and performance this good, she stays in one place for too long, then another place for awhile, then the last pass and stays put in the corner. She'd surely lose points for spaciality. Such a great performer, though. I can only imagine if they'd choreograph some more floor coverage into this.

I’ll share my dd’s Video bc she always got comments on her floor routine last year. She’s not the most graceful but her personality is huge and she wasn’t scared to get out there and work her floor routine. This particular routine scored a 9.4

I am going to miss watching her on floor sooooooo much (she had to quit gymnastics a couple of months ago due to Perthes disease.).

I think choreography is important but the most important thing is for the music and routine to match the gymnast’s personality. They need to look like they are having fun out there.

I’ve scrolled across her on Instagram and love her routines- she’s great!

She really is! We were at some of the same level 7 sessions at meets as Texas Dreams last season and she was so fun to watch. She has a lot of personality on the floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back