Parents Little DD moving on up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
I got the shock of my life tonight when the owner of the gym approached me and asked me to enroll my little dd (age 4) in in the preschool advanced (invite only) class!:DI am so proud of her...she has a mild physical disability and has worked so hard the past year in her class...never thought she'd progress out of rec classes and now she is on the track for team!!!

So...I may end up with 2 on team someday!!;) wild!!! Better start saving now!

(I seriously don't think I could BE any more proud of my little DD):D:D

Aw that is so cool, I am so happy for your little one, to work so hard and get the reward is lovely. YOu and she must be so very proud today, congrats.:highfive::applause::jump::thumbsup:

CONGRATS TO HER AND YOU!!!:eek: My younger one has a processing disability -struggling in school but always at home in a gym. In ways I do think it helped in that she didnt understand the drills or want to spend time on them but, wanted to just throw the whole skill and fearlessly accomplished things that took others awhile to accomplish. She was very lucky to have the natural ability to do this.

That is so awesome - congrats to your little dd for all her hard work paying off - it just doesn't get much better than that does it :applause::jump::applause::jump:

Madigym,

I think I know just how you feel. My DD also has some mild issues as a result from a traumatic birth. We never could imagine that she would be in the gym, let alone on a team. I still cry when I watch her sometimes, shocked at what she was able to accomplish. I have found that being in the gym in those early rec classes forced her to use both arms/legs equally, and only I can pick up the slight difference now. CONGRATS to your daughter on her advancements. Children are amazing sometimes aren't they?

It DOES NOT get much better than this, flippy!

And thanks to Blackie and Gotgym for sharing your stories, too...I too had tears in my eyes as I drove home from the gym with my little gymnast!!!:)

DD's doctor recommended gym last year as a way to work on her coordination...older DD also joined just for the ride, started to LOVE gymnastics, and progressed through to team. I always figured little DD would just struggle to keep up and stay in the same class forever and again, I am JUST so proud of her :D(did I mention that already?):D

I really hope that this is a confidence builder for her, too!!!

Awwww...this just gives me the warm fuzzies! :goodvibes:

It just goes to show you, NEVER assume your kids will not be capable of accomplishing certain things! There's ALWAYS hope, and there will be many chances for them to conquer things that we don't even dare dream about! :yes:

Good for her. Sounds like she's a great kid, and really puts her 'all' into whatever she's doing. :applause:

That's what makes a great competitor, no matter what the activity, skill, or level! :thumbsup:

Awesome for your DD! Especially since she likely has to work harder for things. Brag away proud mama!

This is such good news. Seriously...I don't even know you or your DD, but even I'm proud of her! I can't imagine how proud you must be!!! Such a sweet story...thanks for sharing....you made my day. Keep us posted on her progress. Best of luck to your sweet DD!:D

Congratulations! That is so exciting. You sound like a very proud Mom!

And you should be! what these kids do, even at age 4, is amazing! It is such a great sport for confidence, coordination, time management and team work!

That is wonderful! Sounds like gymnastics is the perfect sport for her .That is a very heartwarming story.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back