Little Girls in Pretty Boxes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hopefully they will post the rest.... geez I can't imagine spending 30 grand a year on gymnastic training. Is that realistic for elite training?

*** actually I asked if she was going to post the rest & she said she would very soon...

Last edited:
Much of the expenses for elites come in travel. I think my pre elites and elite kids pay around 11k a year for training.

Much of the expenses for elites come in travel. I think my pre elites and elite kids pay around 11k a year for training.

Ouch - I guess I should quit complaining about what we spend, lol.

i haven't watched it yet, but will. i am just thanking my lucky stars that my DD isn't a future elite. LOL.

I've seen the whole thing if you want to know how it ends? What point have you all seen up to?

It is a good movie so far - very "made for TV" with all of the drama.... & maybe this was how things were 10/15 yrs ago - I really don't know, but based on this I can see how elite training could get a bad rap... but it seems as if elite gymnastics is taking a more positive turn these days (if this is indeed how harsh it was). Training only 25 hours weekly, attending school, positive reinforcement training, no drugs or severe dieting & still competing harder tricks AND winning gold.

It is somewhat like the Parkettes documentary. Full of moments of truth, but certainly manipulated to increase viewer numbers and the shock/horror feelings that semi abusive coaches bring out is in gym moms.

Enjoy

hope they post it soon... lol, there must be about 3 maybe 4 parts left.

"that Tina is such a cow"

love the intro to the crazy gym moms lol... actually that stuff DOES still happen. One of our moms of a L9 got assaulted in the parking lot one day by a "crazed" mother (her dd was L8 at the time) because her dd got a trick before crazy mom's dd did.

hope they post it soon... lol, there must be about 3 maybe 4 parts left.

"that Tina is such a cow"

love the intro to the crazy gym moms lol... actually that stuff DOES still happen. One of our moms of a L9 got assaulted in the parking lot one day by a "crazed" mother (her dd was L8 at the time) because her dd got a trick before crazy mom's dd did.

oh my gosh. that is terrible.

is this going to be on TV? or was it already on tv?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back