WAG Liukin just resigned

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My girls are not at a level where they are affected by this. I hope that all the girls, families and gyms that are directly affected can find support to get through this next step and can find some light at the end of the tunnel.
My girl is heading to her first qualifier next week. I'm just sick about this.

I really feel bad for the gymnasts, families, and coaches who have been involved in the development camp process and those who are elite. The uncertainty for the future is overwhelming.

It's not good....
Please excuse my ignorance- I’m asking because I really want to understand. Why is this so stressful for your family? Unless I’m confused, your daughter is quite young.. so what is the big deal if the meet doesn’t happen this year? She’s got a lot of years before she’s an Olympic hopeful, and hopefully due to all this upheaval she will get to that place with a safer environment surrounding her. I understand it’s a disappointment, I do! But in the grand scheme I can’t see the detriment. Again, sorry if this comes off rude... I’m just looking at cost/benefit here.

Yes she is young and will have many years ahead of her but she has been working her *** off for over a year for this opportunity and to have it ripped away through no fault of her own is going to devrstare her. Sorry if you think I'm overreacting just a mom feeling heartbroken for he child.
I get that. But it is such a huge life lesson here....and what a true comfort as a parent and child to know she wont ever hopefully have to be put in what horrible situations many have been in....I would preach this big time. Think of the Olympians who didnt get to go to moscow in 1980....one of my besties was one of these....it isnt even an olympic year for gymnastics, nor is your child close to the age needed to qualify. Qualifying for Hopes will be awesome no matter what, so that is still something to shoot for. This is the time to help your child see the big picture.

I think this is a sport where long term goals are so uncertain we focus on short term ones. I know I would be very sad if States were cancelled this year so I can only imagine for the gymnast training 6 days a week and having 1 or 2 big meets to hopefully compete in and show her progress it would be very upsetting. Not to mention what will the future will hold regarding development of our elite gymnasts and hopefuls.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back