Parents Liv's updated Straddle presses!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

Well we finally got around to getting some straddle presses on video! When she first started her new gym she could only do two! She has been working hard on getting her fourth. She has done them a few times and once she even did six in a row(she had a big audience and that's great motivation for Liv). Of course last night at practice she did 4 straddle presses on the low beam!! She now says it's easier on the beam than on the floor because you don't have to push as hard to get your legs over. I will try to get a video of it and add to her next clip. Here's a little clip of what she has been working on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYTjuVxqJQ0

Hope you all enjoy!!

Strong girl! Beth used to work on those all the time, but they rarely do them now--I wonder whY??

I admire her determination! I'm sure her drive will serve her well in life. I love the song you chose to put to the video!

Great job Olivia!! Lily is finally up to 4 on the beam. She says they are easier on beam because she can hold her hs in between better. Olivia will be rocking TOPs! So glad she is enjoying her new gym.

Meg

We saw them on YouTube yesterday. Abby loved it. Motivated her to work harder on hers as well, though I can't see 4 in her future anytime soon! LOL. She can only do one on the beam and it has taken her 2 months to get that.

Tell Liv congrats on getting those 4 at practice! She rocks!

We saw them on YouTube yesterday. Abby loved it. Motivated her to work harder on hers as well, though I can't see 4 in her future anytime soon! LOL. She can only do one on the beam and it has taken her 2 months to get that.

Tell Liv congrats on getting those 4 at practice! She rocks!

Mariposa, You'll be surprised how quickly they acquire strength especially if she is doing a great conditioning regime which it sounds like her new gym is doing. I saw Abby's kip and it is so wonderful!! She learns skills soooooo quickly. You can tell she is a very bright little girl!!

Great job Olivia!! Lily is finally up to 4 on the beam. She says they are easier on beam because she can hold her hs in between better. Olivia will be rocking TOPs! So glad she is enjoying her new gym.

Meg

Yeah it must be true because last night she did 4 on beam with no problem yet on this video she was having a hard time balancing and had to keep walking her hands. I think Olivia will do great at the strength parts of TOPS but will struggle more with the sprint and vertical jump. You would think with her strong legs the girl could jump but she is jumping challenged! Hopefully she will tap into that power by next summer. Or even better by this fall when she'll be competing level 4. Her vault is weak to say the least! It may be the event that holds her back in the future. I guess more will be revealed with time.....

Yeah it must be true because last night she did 4 on beam with no problem yet on this video she was having a hard time balancing and had to keep walking her hands. I think Olivia will do great at the strength parts of TOPS but will struggle more with the sprint and vertical jump. You would think with her strong legs the girl could jump but she is jumping challenged! Hopefully she will tap into that power by next summer. Or even better by this fall when she'll be competing level 4. Her vault is weak to say the least! It may be the event that holds her back in the future. I guess more will be revealed with time.....

I hear you on vault. Lily is very vault challenged and not a natural jumper. I think it can be trained to some extent, though I imagine those kids who are naturals are probably always better at vault. I'm sure Liv will do fine on vault at L4. Lily always scored high 8s or low 9s at L4. It's the L5 vault that has been tough. Anyway, congrats again to Liv on her presses! She is awesome!

Way to go Olivia!! I am so impressed! Kylie has them on beam but struggles on floor...she can really rock them on the pommel horse, it must be the distance of the handles. She sounds like she is rockin and rollin at the new gym! Don't stress about vault, she is strong and powerful. Once she finds her rhythm with it, and "feels" what it feels like to hit the board the right way, she will do awesome. Ky struggled on vault forever. We would watch her compete and just cross our fingers that she would make it over...forget about form!! Tell her we think she is amazing!!

Very Cool. Sunshine works and works on hers, so I showed her your video. She was VERY impressed and motivated.

That's AWESOME! I sometimes have Liv watch other girls do a specific skill she is working on and it really helps motivates her to do the same. I love youtube....!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back