Locked threads

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NY Dad

Proud Parent
This may not be new, but I just noticed that older threads are now locked

upload_2018-11-7_16-26-14.png
Thread Status: Not open for further replies.

Is there a new rule that any thread without activity for 90 days is automatically locked?
Would it be possible to give social group admins the ability to disable this rule for their group?

Does anyone else care? :D

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-7_16-25-28.png
    upload_2018-11-7_16-25-28.png
    411 bytes · Views: 10
Mods can "pin" popular posts to the top of the group, however. So, while members can't add to the thread, at least it can be easily accessible to members

It must be fairly new as I had noticed an old post got dragged up just last week (I think). NY Dad, I agree it would be nice to have the option to disable that in the social groups.
But it's definitely true that dragging up old posts happens regularly and can be pretry ridiculous (and often confusing) so I can see why that was changed.

Yeah, for groups it is nice to have the ability to carry on a thread - We've had some for several years in our L8/L9 social group and there is no problem whatsoever as new joiners learn from and add questions and comments to those threads.

A agree that it's confusing when old threads are dragged up.

I didn't intend for this to come across as a complaint, but as a suggestion. Social group moderators are responsible for the content within their groups, which is why I asked the question. I don't think that many social groups get as much traffic as the main forums so it's not as much of a problem there. Also, for the most part, those responsible for necroposting are new to the website (usually within their first few days on the site). Social groups aren't available to anyone that's new to the site and therefore these members are more likely familiar with the rules.

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'll drop it.

Thanks for listening.

upload_2018-11-8_13-39-48.png

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back