Loetard sizes Snowflake VS GK

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi

My club is thinking of changing brand from Zone to Snowflake.
Would like to have an idea of the sizing.
We have some GK leotards that we can have the gymnast try on, but i don't know how GK and Snowflake matches each others sizes, anyone have an idea?
Oh and what about cut, some of our gymnast thinks GK is a bit to high is Snowflake more modest?

My DD is a CL in both GK and Snowflake. The GK seem to be cut a little higher in the leg. The Zone sizing is kind of in between the Snowflake sizing. Also the Zone velvet leotards are lovely and stretchy so fit for longer as they grow. My DD has grown out of her Snowflake CM leos but can still fit the Zone 28 leo that is supposed to correspond with a CM. She also has a Zone 30 leo that fits okay but with a little growing room.

I am pretty sure that DD's snowflake Leo is the same size as most of her gk leos. The fabric seems a bit stiffer than gk fabric, so I wasn't sure if she'd like it (she is comfort before fashion whereas her twin sister is the opposite) but she says it's comfy and wears it a lot. It still looks brand-new even though it's almost a year old and has been washed many many times.

Add my vote for Snowflake too. They wear very well, the cut is similar to Zone, not so high leg as GK. Very comfortable and my DD hasn't managed to wear one out yet.

Sizing wize the Snowflake AXS and AS is a little bigger than the GK equivalent. Compared to Zone the AXS is bigger than 30" but only just. The AS is a bit bigger than Zone 32. There is quite a jump in size between Snowflake AXS and AS.

Zone 28 - Snowflake CM (27") or CL (29") - GK CL
Zone 30 - Snowflake CL (29") or AXS (31") - GK CL or AXS
Zone 32 - Snowflake AS (32-33") - GK AS
Zone 34 - Snowflake AS or AM (34") - GK AS or AM

That's our experience anyway, hope it helps.

IMO Snowflake def. runs bigger in the butt :). GK looks sleeker- has a better fit, just looks good all around- the girls look like they mean business in them. I am one of the people who don't like the cut of Snowflake. They make good practice leos, but I think they make everyone look like they have a big rear end- not sleek, and the fabric is sort of stiff- not a fan.

DD likes hers and wears it- but again, just doesn't look like a competition cut to me. So, that said, if you are looking for a more modest cut in the legs, Snowflake is your brand. I just personally find them to make tiny girls look like they have big butts :)

I had a team leo from the Zone 10ish years ago and they ran VERY small in the butt. All of the girls who fit very comfortably into GK AS-AM leos struggled keeping the Zone competition leos from riding up terribly. So if you're going the other way, you might have problems with American made leos being too baggy in the rear end.
There are also differences in sizing based on the type of fabric the leos are made from. I would contact Snowflake and see if they can send sample leos in whatever fabric you are interested in purchasing.

Snowflake is great. I find Snowflake is good for a teen's body and more modest, whereas GK is cut higher in the leg and less confy, in my opinion.

My daughter has one Snowflake leo and hates it. As other have posted, the fabric is very stiff compared to her GK leos. Also, the stitching inside is bulky and itchy.

Are you looking for competition leos or practice leos?

Besides GK, she likes K-Bee leos. The fit seems very similar to GK. Another leo many of her friends like is by Balera, though this fit has always been too big on my daughter.

Her competition leo is Motionwear. The fit is fairly sleek but they look terrific on the girls!

I've never heard of Zone leos....guess I'll have to check them out!!

Snowflake is roomy in the bottom. My dd has no bottom whatsoever and they are huge around her bottom and legs. She likes the velvet ones for the most part, but prefers to wear gk. I think snowflake has some really nice practice leos, but I don't have any experience with the competition ones.

Thank for the inputs :).
It is going to be practice leotards so as long as they are comfy and good quality for a good price i think they will be good.

Since we are in Europe and specially in Sweden importing from US is pretty expensive the price after taxes and custom is about 1.5*the buying price and if you only need 1 or 2 its more of 2*.
We have found a european based dealer that can supply us with Snowflake for a good price, around the same price as Zone.

We are also looking for competion leotards and same thing being Sweden based makes it bit pricier to order from US, so i think it will stand between , Moreau, GK or Milano. For a competion leotard we would like a brand with a more sleek fit and cut like GKs competition cut or so, as someone sad before . "The girls look like they mean business in them."

Snowflake have improved their stitching recently and my DD finds them even more comfortable than GK.

Agree that they are larger around the bottom and can swamp leaner girls.

Zone are a UK brand and IMO are more suitable for dance, the material and fit isn't really up to the rigours of competive gymnastics, they look really pretty though and are great for rec gym as they stretch (a lot).

Best Uk brand by far - MILANO

My DD loves her snowflake leos. the sizing runs about the same as GK she says the arm pits are more roomy in the Snowflake which she likes. I think that the snowflake leos are better quality and hold their color better too.

Sorry, posted before the update. Alpha Factor have a UK website, they're worth looking at for competition leos.

This is so interesting. DD wears a CL in GK, but they're mostly tight. I got her a Snowflake adult XS for Christmas. Sounds like it will fit. She's also getting some Destira "junior" size from the grab bag leos.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back