LOL--Ya'll are gonna laugh so hard when you hear this...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, my son (he's 6 yrs old) had his first 1/2 hr private lesson on Monday and had a blast! He was enrolled in a Mon night class that I always ended up being late to due to traffic and it was getting too stressful for me to rush home and get him there so since there were no other boys classes offered we opted to use up the money in privates. So, after his lesson he asks the coach "are there any parent classes for my mom to take?" So the coach replies that there isn't one at the moment but he suggested that I take the private lesson with Julian. I'm thinking "Holy crap--I haven't done this in a while and to have to do this in front of my little boy???" So...after thinking about it for a while and Julian promising that he wouldn't laugh at me, I have decided to start next Monday with him. So...yea!!! I'm doing gymnastics again!!!!

I will definitely keep you all posted!!!

Well now you have to resubmit your chalkbucket challenge entries into the gymanst forum :D That is awesome - I am so jealous - I would actually love to do that.

Well now you have to resubmit your chalkbucket challenge entries into the gymanst forum :D That is awesome - I am so jealous - I would actually love to do that.

I don't know about resubmitting...I tried doing a back bend the other day with the kids and they were like "now push up into an arch!" I replied with "I am!!!" They just started laughing!!!!! I should've videotaped that!!!

I'm actually looking forward to it--I told the coach that I want to work on handstands and easy stuff and he said that he loves working handstands. It'll definitely take me a while to work up to where I left off with my skills but I remember it being so much fun!! Flippymonkeysmom--maybe you can sit in on a cheer practice with your cp!! You can learn cheer facials!!!!!

Thats great! I am so jealous-- I would love to do that, but I can barely touch my knees:D

Wow, thats awesome MdGymMom!! You're like the coolest mom ever...lol. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Now you can join the gymnast group and post in the gymnast forum. But do you want a red or orange screen name? Oooo tough choice!

Good for you! I think you will have a blast! I'd be in a full-body cast after the first lesson, though, so I'll just live vicariously thru you, ok?!;)

You know saying "I can't" (actually saying it or implying it) is not allowed at my gym, msl529 :)

You know saying "I can't" (actually saying it or implying it) is not allowed at my gym, msl529 :)
And that's why I don't go to ANY gym, NYgym! LOL! You'll understand when you get to be in your 40's. I know it's hard for you to believe right now, but your body actually does betray you as you age...so, you learn to be selective as to where & when you say "I can"!

Hey, I think that's GREAT! My kids would love it if I did that. They already laugh their heads off when I jump on our practice beam and they thought it was pretty darn funny when I attempted a handstand!!

Wow, thats awesome MdGymMom!! You're like the coolest mom ever...lol.

That's true! I'd love to see my mom do gymnastics again or to follow her dream of being a singer. (Actually she never done gymnastics, but she used to do handstands and cartwheels and the other day she almost did a front split on our kitchen. LOL)

to be in your 40's. I know it's hard for you to believe right now, but your body actually does betray you as you age...

I'm really afraid about that :(. I'd love to be like 80 years old and still doing BHS double layouts - wich I can't do (yet).:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back