WAG Long hang pullover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am have a gymnasts who is of heavier set and we have been working hard to get her long hang pullovers . does anyone have tips or drills to help me out?

I have the same issue! Stand on a block and muscle her through (start pushing when she is in the middle of her swing and follow through) is my strategy, but I'd like to find a better one.

I did one when I did ladies division. Im not light lol. I just got a good swing into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Drills for her, or for you? She needs to be darn near vertical as she goes through her tap to bring her hips over, and she needs to have the core strength. Has she done it on a strap bar?

Like jump to the high bar long hang pullover? Or cast-push away-long hang pullover?
For the jump to the high bar version (in place of a kip)- jump hollow, tap late, kick toes up and over, shift wrists. To spot, I usually grab their shoulder with my right hand and mid-back with my left as they swing through the bottom.
For cast-push away long hang I generally spot the same way and still encourage a good swing, tap, and wrist shift but also that they are getting a good cast and actually pushing away from the bar and opening their shoulders (rather than just kind of casting and sliding down into a hang).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back