WAG Longer limbs and Piked Jaegers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

esor

Proud Parent
Gymnast
I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's perspective on this topic. Do longer limbs (arms) make it easier to catch release moves on bars? My DD is a compact gymnast, as are many of her gym friends. But then there are the girls who have the longer lines/longer limbs. Her group has observed that the girls with longer limbs catch their piked Jaegers more frequently and get it faster. Is this a thing, or coincidence? Just curious as I never thought about it before, and it sounds like it could be a thing. But then I think, they typically have longer legs to get around too so this could be coincidence.

Interesting question!
My DD is one with longer arms while she hasn't begun learning single release moves since she'll repeat L9 this upcoming season; she can easily do inbars and forward stoops because of her "monkey arms". My DD doesn't have longer legs just the arms.

My daughter is short and compact and getting a single bar release move has taken well over a year! Her coach tried a ray, tkachev, jaeger...none were working. After what seems like forever she has finally been catching her piked jaeger consistently. Not sure if her size played a role, but her biggest struggles always seem to be bars skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back