WAG Looking for calf compression sleeves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bug's mom

Proud Parent
Would anyone have leads on where to buy really small, good quality calf compression sleeves for gymnasts? They would need to fit DD who wears 6-6x (XS) bottoms. Coach agreed we should give them a try, just haven't a clue where to buy really small (fashionable ;)) sizes. TIA

I tried to edit my post, but couldn't. My daughter is 13, but has small calves. She's been wearing this size for the last 4 years. She gets pretty bad shin splints, so that is why she wears them. Zensah has several fun colors to choose from.

Our insurance company covered the cost of the sleeves. In Canada they are about $100 for a pair. We just needed a script from the doctor for them.
For ours to be covered they had to be a certain tension (not sure I'd that's what you would call it- tension?)
I would check with your insurance company

dd got hers through amazon but she is a teen so I don't know if they have smaller sizes. Here in the US, I would be looking at durable medical supply stores, usually near our hospitals or going directly to an orthopedist, though they would likely just recommend rest

My dd had to use xs elbow sleeves for her shins...we bought them from academy sports. That might hold you over till you can order some.

I was going to suggest running stores as well and you could look for the forearm sleeves as those may fit better. I know they have them at Fleet Feet.

They have become very popular here and one of the leotard companies have started making them (pink leisure wear). Not sure if they ship to the states, but might be worth looking. Being a leo company they definitely make them with gymnasts in mind.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back