WAG Looking for non-profit board of directors handbooks or ideas :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a director of a club that after I created it; we turned in into a 501 (C) non-profit organization. We are always having turn over and looking for a handbook that other clubs may use to help guide the board and not totally rule the director. My board said to create the booklet too. They are for the most part great; but do sometimes try to micro manage little things and they don't need too decide on leotards, jackets, etc. They need to help create positive relations with all parents/members. Again, great group, we are just trying to become more efficient and find set guidelines that work for others.

I was doing a similar exercise a couple years ago and found a wealth of information doing general searches on the Internet. There are a couple of non-profits for non-profits (having this like free tax software) that could be helpful. Also, a lot of non-profits post a lot of their documents on their website or Facebook pages -- you may be able to find club examples there. I found in particular several sports non-profit guidance from places in Texas (can't remember exactly where). Finally, I came across the link below -- it's designed for larger, more robust entities, but the key advice is the same for any size entity and is pretty comprehensive.

http://www.grantthornton.com/static...oard member handbooks/NFP booklet - FINAL.pdf

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back