Coaches Looking for suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I coach in a gym where we don't follow USAG rules. Instead we go through a program that basically follows high school gymnastics rules for competition. Anyway, we recently had two sisters transfer from a more serious USAG program (they want less commitment). The younger girl is 6 and has competed at some point (I'm not sure what level) and has also done a lot of Trampoline and Tumbling which makes it hard to place her in our program. Because of this, the mom decided it would be best for her to do private lessons. We have done several now and while I feel like she is catching up on floor, I feel like she is having a hard time with a couple of things.

The biggest thing is a long hang pullover from either a swing or a cast which is a requirement for any of the classes/groups that we would want to place her in. She has pretty good tap swings (just a little bit of sloppy legs on the back swing) and she can do a pull-up pullover so I know she's strong enough, but for some reason, trying to get her to swing into her pullover is just not clicking. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried hollow arch wiggles, candle stick holds, etc. but I just need more ideas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back