WAG Lost when twisting

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Okay, so i am starting to learn to twist into the pit and I am incredibly lost.

Before competition season I was doing fulls into the pit and i was twisting at the right time, if anything a little to late. now i am practically twisting before i take off and I am getting incredibly lost. Also I remember reading something about twisting direction and round offs and I don't know which way to twist so at the moment i am twisting the same way as my jump full turn. So i round off left leg in front and twist right. Any general tips for twisting?

Okay, so i am starting to learn to twist into the pit and I am incredibly lost.

Before competition season I was doing fulls into the pit and i was twisting at the right time, if anything a little to late. now i am practically twisting before i take off and I am getting incredibly lost. Also I remember reading something about twisting direction and round offs and I don't know which way to twist so at the moment i am twisting the same way as my jump full turn. So i round off left leg in front and twist right. Any general tips for twisting?

Don't be afraid to take a step backwards. I'd go all the way back to layouts into the pit, then work layout - spot the landing - 1/2 turn, and so on.

If you twist early, you can get a bit lost.

Like previously said, try to go back and relearn all your twists, a 1/2 turn at a time. Just remember to set before you twist so you go later.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back