Lots of Prayers Needed!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am the mom of a gymnast reaching out to this awesome gymnastics community for some much needed prayers.

An 8 year old child on my dd's level 4/5 team was very recently diagnosed with lymphoma. Her name is Kaitlyn, and she is in need of many prayers.

Here is the link to her Caring Bridge page if you would like to read her story. She loves when people sign her guest book. She has a world map in her hospital room and is charting where all of her prayers are coming from, so if you know anyone who would be willing to pray for her, please pass this along.

This is one very special little girl. All you have to do is enter your email address and create a password on caring bridge to visit her page. It would mean a lot to us at the gym if you would take the time to leave a message for her in her guestbook, but I know it would mean the world to this little girl (and her family). Everyone's thoughts and prayers are driving this family in a really big way. Please read her story/journal - you will be blown away at the perseverance, positive attitude, strength, determination and selflessness of this beautiful little girl! She is truly amazing!

Some of her gymnastics accomplishments include:
She is currently 2010 AAU Junior Olympic Gold Medallist (novice tumbling), won 3rd place at USTA nationals and is a Level 4 gymnast where she won several top 3 podium awards during her latest season.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kaitlynholste

disclaimer: I didn't know where to post this. I tried to do it in community news, but it wouldn't let me have access for whatever reason. If this thread needs to be moved or whatever, please just keep it going. This little girl is very very special to all of us.

Ah, I love that she is gonna cut her hair and donate it to locks of love
and then dye her hair pink before it falls out!

Too cool :D

Wow! Really puts life in perspective.

Who cares if your kid can't get her kip, giant, etc. or if they are going to be elite and go the the Olympics. This is just what all of us on this board needed. A bit of perspective to be thankful for what we have today, enjoy the success and the struggles. Nothing about tomorrow is a guarantee.

Wow! Really puts life in perspective.

Who cares if your kid can't get her kip, giant, etc. or if they are going to be elite and go the the Olympics. This is just what all of us on this board needed. A bit of perspective to be thankful for what we have today, enjoy the success and the struggles. Nothing about tomorrow is a guarantee.
Well stated gymmom14!!! Time for all of us to just hug our kids a little tighter & be thankful that we have them & they are healthy!!! Wishing all the best for Kaitlynne & her family. She is an amazing young lady!!!

What an amazing little girl she is. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. She's a gymnast - She's tough, and I have no doubt that she can fight through this.

How awesome. Definitely sending good thoughts and lots of prayers her way! <3

My heart goes out to this family and little Kaitlynn. TheCaringBridge is a great site. I also noticed that she is very close to us right now. What a wonderful hospital. She is in great hands! We will keep her in our prayers! Can't wait to hear good news!! Thank you for sharing Kaitlynn with us. She is brave little girl with an amazing family!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone that has left messages for her on CaringBridge and everyone who is praying for (and sending positive thoughts to) this child. It means a lot to know that there are good people out there who will step up to fight and show support for this child and her family! Thank you so much!

Keep'em coming!!!

What a brave girl. She is in my thoughts and prayers. I will also try and post a link to her site on my FB page. I have friends all over the US, and abroad who will sign her guest book.

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity. In a world where it is easy to get lost with the unimportant things it is eye opening to realize that we need to really be "here" for each other. I will keep praying for this child daily. Please keep us updated of her progress. I am going to check her site right now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for supporting her! I just saw that some of you are posting her CaringBridge link on your facebooks!!! :D THANK YOU!!!

Sendung many prayers to Kaitlynn and her family through this tough time. she sounds like and amazing little girl who has the will do fight through this.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back