Lowest Score ever?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have seen lots of scores in the 3-9 range this year using FIG scoring. The deductions are huge and there are so many. You can be deducted more than the value of the skill, ie the kip is worth 0.3, but bent arms 0.3 and bent legs 0.3 plus poor body shape 0.1-0.5 can get you up to 1.0 in deductions!

We have seen lots of scores in the 3-9 range this year using FIG scoring. The deductions are huge and there are so many. You can be deducted more than the value of the skill, ie the kip is worth 0.3, but bent arms 0.3 and bent legs 0.3 plus poor body shape 0.1-0.5 can get you up to 1.0 in deductions!

We had that problem. In some cases it was easier to omit a skill and just take the 1.0 or 0.6 deduction from D score. Some bonus skills were worth more and deductions were a little less severe. Now they loose 1.0 mark plus the value of the skill, most are worth 1.0. Better to try the skill and fail/fall now. I think the worst score I have handed out for a completed routine was in the sixes, most are getting at least high eights for the disaster routines.

Last edited:
My lowest score was a 5.4 on beam. I fell off the beam 4 times because it was wiggly due to being lowered earlier. You can see it wobbling on the video my mom took. LOL

Last edited:
One of my friends fell on every single skill in her bars and skipped one of the required skills. The coaches did not move her down, she simply had a bad day. Maybe she didn't bring home the gold medal, but she tried her hardest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back