Coaches lowest scores, to success,,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 14190

what is the lowest score you have ever gotten from one of your kids and where are they now?
one of my level 5's got a 1.0 at the buttefly classic several years ago. now she is a level 9 :) (all on MSO)

what is the lowest score you have ever gotten from one of your kids and where are they now?
one of my level 5's got a 1.0 at the buttefly classic several years ago. now she is a level 9 :) (all on MSO)

Would never bring out an athlete that could/would score lower than an 8.0, even for their first meet. I don't feel it is good for the athlete, parents, coaches, or business. Just my opinion.

Would never bring out an athlete that could/would score lower than an 8.0, even for their first meet. I don't feel it is good for the athlete, parents, coaches, or business. Just my opinion.
===

She was perfectly capable of scoring in the 9's but had a melt down and could not finish her routine, she was also 7.... this post was meant to bring out stories about one of those athletes that had that horrible routine that you joke around with them about years later...

On trampoline it's easy to get a zero.

I've got a kid who zeroed or, like, 1.2'd half her trampoline routines last year bc her backdrop was yuck and pullover was kind of...questionable when she was nervous. (Old T&T level 5)

This year she kicked the snot out of the new 5 routine, new 6 routine (national qualifier, state champ which really doesn't honestly mean squat in my state, Regional medalist) and is looking good on the 7 routine & mobility skills. All of a sudden she figured out how to bounce 0.0

I've got a kid who's about to do a similar thing on tumbling. Suddenly she can snap down. Okie then.

Had a kid getting a 4 something at her first competition (out of a 13...). She just did a pull over and a back hip circle... And then she couldn't do the squat on, tried again and failed. We had to ask her to get off the bars. She really didn't look like that in training. She's now the girl in the group who has the best kip swi
Couple months later she got a score really close to a 9. She did the squat on, caught the bars, did her dismount. She was ecstatic! Bars scoring is tough in that category. You can win a gold medal with an 11. She's now the girl in the group who has the best kip swing.

As a gymnast I had a 0 on vault, was the same as level 4 vault. (first time I didn't pass, second time my head touch...). I was 9. Had no problems some years later doing handspring full twist and working on tusk and yurchenko drills.

Had a kid getting a 4 something at her first competition (out of a 13...). She just did a pull over and a back hip circle... And then she couldn't do the squat on, tried again and failed. We had to ask her to get off the bars. She really didn't look like that in training. She's now the girl in the group who has the best kip swi
Couple months later she got a score really close to a 9. She did the squat on, caught the bars, did her dismount. She was ecstatic! Bars scoring is tough in that category. You can win a gold medal with an 11. She's now the girl in the group who has the best kip swing.

As a gymnast I had a 0 on vault, was the same as level 4 vault. (first time I didn't pass, second time my head touch...). I was 9. Had no problems some years later doing handspring full twist and working on tusk and yurchenko drills.
===
thats what this one did, squat on fall off, repeat, repeat, repeat, salute :)

In our area bars was often won with under a 10. Seeing 11's was rare indeed. My DD got the zero on vault for the same reason as you and turned out to be a great vaulter.

===

She was perfectly capable of scoring in the 9's but had a melt down and could not finish her routine, she was also 7.... this post was meant to bring out stories about one of those athletes that had that horrible routine that you joke around with them about years later...

Oh, I get it. Well, I had a newbie level 3 run down vault runway at a 100 miles an hour, stop before she got there, come over and wisper to me that she forgot her "vault routine." After I reminded her of her 'routine', she went back down and scored a winning 9.4.

Oh, I get it. Well, I had a newbie level 3 run down vault runway at a 100 miles an hour, stop before she got there, come over and wisper to me that she forgot her "vault routine." After I reminded her of her 'routine', she went back down and scored a winning 9.4.
==

Now that is priceless! Newbie meets are always funny.

I remember when I saluted...grabbed the pommels...jumped into my circles...

...I kicked the horse on my first quarter circle...I fell 3 more times in the first two circles of the routine. Not sure what I was doing...pommels was the last event and I had 9's on the other five events. I got a 2.8 on pommels that meet.

The judge that gave me a 2.8 eighteen years ago or so...he works for us now...awesome guy...awesome judge...I'll never forget it though.

When I did gymnastics I got a 4.85 on floor. (I did not compete USAG, but rather a more relaxed gymnastics in which my start value started somewhere around an 8 I believe). The sad part was I didn't fall or have any major mistake. I was just all over bad.

When I tried out for team, I had 1 yr of gym total and missed every skill in the bar routine. Granted it was YMCA and where I grew up, that was light years from USAG. My first year we had about 12 meets and I made it over the vault twice. Total. Scored a 6.0 and 6.10. My first meet competing bars I scored a 3.1, which they showed as a 1.3. Lol!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back