Parents Lvl 7 Bars question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mommyo2az

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
My DD competes kip cast hs, clear hip, kip cast squat on, jump to high bar kip cast hs, giant, giant, layout flyaway. I know this contains all the required elements.
Her clear hip isn't the best, but at an innersquad yesterday she received feedback that because her clear hip came from a handstand, she had to be over horizontal coming out of her clearhip or incur .3 deduction. She was a little surprised, as she never heard this before, is that true?

I think she would incur the .3 deduction for the clear hip not being over horizontal regardless of whether it came out of a handstand or not (for level 7).

I was asking a similar question about the clear hip in an old thread and the coaches replied (if I recall correctly) that it's a deduction for being less than 45 degrees up to .3 for being at horizontal, and a .4 for below horizontal.

I was asking a similar question about the clear hip in an old thread and the coaches replied (if I recall correctly) that it's a deduction for being less than 45 degrees up to .3 for being at horizontal, and a .4 for below horizontal.
Thank you! No better motivation to work the clear hip than knowing the deduction. I guess a little thankful also this year that she's actually getting credit for the clearhip! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back