Parents Made it through the 1st Meet Yeah!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
DD had her 1st Level 8 meet Saturday Dec 19th, 2009. It went fine and she had a great time. This to me is a sucessful meet.

We started on bars DD landed her straddle back, and did both giants and a layed out flyaway. for those of you following her this is a big deal!! Last year at this time we prayed she would just do a giant period. She has come so far she does 2 of them and a release move Yippee!!!

Beam was sencond DD is confident and strong on beam this year seriese is strong. her seriese is BHS BHS back tuck dismount! They wiere quick and connected we were proud. She fell on her 2nd tuck jump but that was no big deal. She got a 8.7 with a fall not a bad start for a first meet!

Vault was just a handspring she is working her tsuk still. It is coming along nicely only missing confidence. Do they sell that at the store??

Floor was ok. She did it all she is usually strong here but, has been a little mental on working out her Level 8 tumbling passes. It is shaping up to be a great year.

We have a great coach from summer who has just graduated college so she is back and we are glad.

I am proud of DD. This season I am trying to not be so overly involved with all aspect of DD's gymnastic and be her support. This is a big task for those of you that know me.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Well that is wonderfl xmas news.ounds like she is totally ready for L8 and that she is feeeling very good about her skills. That beam series sounds wonderful and that is a great score, especially with a fall.

Sounds like she is gearing up to be an awesome season !!! I am already excited about the next meet, when is it ?

I am proud of DD. This season I am trying to not be so overly involved with all aspect of DD's gymnastic and be her support. This is a big task for those of you that know me.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

LOL, you sound like most of us on here.

Congrats to your dd on a great meet! That is a great beam score, and with a fall? Wow! She's going to have a great season!

Sounds like she is gearing up to be an awesome season !!! I am already excited about the next meet, when is it ?

Next meet is January 10th. Our gym has meets 3 weekends in a row in January. Three wekends in January in MN is fine since there is nothing else to do when it is freezing cold here. LOL

Sounds brilliant. Did you get any video. Bars sounds such a triumph. would love to see that routine.

This season I am trying to not be so overly involved with all aspect of DD's gymnastic and be her support. This is a big task for those of you that know me.

I admire you tremendously for this, P is going to have a great year! Think she can help Beetle with that Flight on beam?

What a great meet report!!! It looks like she is going to have a great L8 season. Big WOOHOO to her on bars! She has worked so hard on bars. Her beam series sounds awesome. What a score with a fall. Funny how they fall on a jump, yet do a series like that with no issue. :) Good for you for stepping back! I know that it has helped me a lot, trying to just let her deal with stuff and do gymnastics her way.

Hope you guys had a great Christmas! Can't wait to hear about her other meets! Very proud of her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back