Make it or Break it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I feel like they could have done a better job casting. Sure, they can act, but the body types were not very accurate at all. Where were the gymnast muscles and 6-packs! A true gymnast can be spotted a mile away just on her physique, which makes up part of the beauty of the sport. This is what makes people look at a gymnast and say "I want to look like her!". Someone mentioned that it is difficult to get real gymnasts to take the time for shows like this but how hard could it be to find actors that do some serious working out, maybe lifting weights to get that muscular look? (Check out some of those Hollywood gyms for some actor-wannabes!) The gals that played in Stick It, at least looked liked gymnasts, especially Haley. And what about the hair? Comeon, I've never seen a gymnast in competition have hair falling down in her face like Emily in the show. A gymast would not even consider a cut like that that can not be ponytailed to keep it up and out of the way unless it was really short. There were way too many inaccuracies in this series to even be compared to real gymnastics. That's my two cents worth.

Beem away from the board for a while but gymnomore - I wanted to say I agree with you about the hair in the face issue! I was commenting as we watched it just now that Emily's hair was in her face and that is a big no-no, especially in meets! My girls (both training level 5) seemed to like it depsite the inaccuracies. I think they are just not so judgemental as me or others lol

Wow, I did not like the first episode, but I still had hope. However, I just watched the new episode tonight and I couldn't even sit through it. I didn't pay attention to half of it. I thought it was worse than the first one! :(

Episoid two - Well I think it just shows that this is a teen drama and not a "gymnastic" thing. It will make it because of the drama but I hope no one thinks this is how real gyms, coaches, gymnasts and gymnastics is.

Ok, so episode 2 got into the soap opera of mom/coach and of course Emily's mom just happens to drive by. At least the scenes in the "Denver" gym looked like they were shot in a real gym with girls in the background doing real gymnastics.
For girls supposedly training at the elite level, these kids seem to have alot of time to drive around. As others have said still a very predictable story line.

Ok, so episode 2 got into the soap opera of mom/coach and of course Emily's mom just happens to drive by. At least the scenes in the "Denver" gym looked like they were shot in a real gym with girls in the background doing real gymnastics.
For girls supposedly training at the elite level, these kids seem to have alot of time to drive around. As others have said still a very predictable story line.

Ok it reminds me of Desprate Housewives with a kid story line and gymnastics thrown in.

Well, I liked Episode 2 better than the first episode, but I still don't love it. I will keep watching it, but I'm not in love with the show. I just REALLY hope people don't think that it is acceptable for gymnasts to scream at their coaches for giving them a correction. (shudder)

I LOVED the gas station scene!!! Now that was some of the funniest stuff I've scene in TV ever(although I don't think it was meant to be funny)!!!! Keep practicing your tumbling girls...you never know when it may come in handy, LOL!!!! I'll keep watching just for scenes like that...it was a classic!:rotfl::laughing:

I LOVED the gas station scene!!! Now that was some of the funniest stuff I've scene in TV ever(although I don't think it was meant to be funny)!!!! Keep practicing your tumbling girls...you never know when it may come in handy, LOL!!!! I'll keep watching just for scenes like that...it was a classic!:rotfl::laughing:

I was thinking the same thing GJM!!! That was funniest part of the show--me and Dani were cracking up! I kept expecting Lucy Lui and Drew Barrymoore to come out like in the Charlies Angels remakes!!! Too funny!!!

Our entire household was "rolling in the aisles" on this one. That had to be the funniest thing on TV this year! I too was waiting on Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore to jump out and congratulate them on a job well done. Maybe I can talk my dd into Crime Fighting to earn gym tuition, lol. Those were some really hard core criminals to be frightened off by a couple of backhandprings and layouts!

Now that was HILARIOUS!!! I loved that part! I was laughing for so long after that!;):D:rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back