Make-Up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wondering: Do you wear make-up to competitions? If so, what do you wear? I wear blush, eye shimmer, mascara and lipgloss.​

Last edited by a moderator:
i wear eye shadow and lip gloss. sometmes a wear sparkles, but only to meets.

i wear black eye liner, black mascara, and sometimes sparkly eye shadow...it depends... hahah. but thats what i wear everywhere soo... lol

My coaches always said, "This is gymnastics, not a beauty pagent!" so no "big" makeup for us. We're allowed hair glitter and neutral mascara and that is it!

I wouldn't agree with children wearing make up just for a competition, but I think once you're old enough to have lots of spots etc, a bit of make up to accentuate your best features is no harm.
You have to remember that you are putting on a performance, and therefore everything must look its best. No one goes on stage without some form of make up to conceal "imperfections". And if we weren't concerned with looking good whilst competing, we would all be wearing plain leotards!
And on that note, children competing always look their best without make up, so in no way am i condoning the "little Miss" pageant queen look!

I always wore make up, but generally the same stuff I wore to school and practice. I used that powder make up like bare minerals, with a little powder and blush but it never looked caked on, that stuff is awesome! I also wear brown eyeliner and mascara (I'm naturally blonde). Then I usually wear tinted chapstick. I'm kind of a girly girl though. For meets I'd wear something a little fun like sparkly eyeshadow or a little bit of glitter blush. In high school gym we'd wear stickers on our cheeks like NCAA sometimes. This was all when I was 15, 16 and 17. When I was younger than that I wasn't allowed to wear that much make up. I would use that roll on glitter (the kind that doesn't fall off everywhere) and some tinted chapstick. When I was first allowed to wear a little make up in middle school I thought blue eyeshadow was cool, so did all the other girls in my school. What were we thinking! Our coach made us take that off for gym lol.

I always wore make up, but generally the same stuff I wore to school and practice. I used that powder make up like bare minerals, with a little powder and blush but it never looked caked on, that stuff is awesome! I also wear brown eyeliner and mascara (I'm naturally blonde). Then I usually wear tinted chapstick. I'm kind of a girly girl though. For meets I'd wear something a little fun like sparkly eyeshadow or a little bit of glitter blush. In high school gym we'd wear stickers on our cheeks like NCAA sometimes. This was all when I was 15, 16 and 17. When I was younger than that I wasn't allowed to wear that much make up. I would use that roll on glitter (the kind that doesn't fall off everywhere) and some tinted chapstick. When I was first allowed to wear a little make up in middle school I thought blue eyeshadow was cool, so did all the other girls in my school. What were we thinking! Our coach made us take that off for gym lol.

One of my teamates went to a meet with blue eyeshadow on & our coach made her take off that AND the rest of her (very subtle) makeup! It was really funny actually, she's a very quiet girl but she pitched a fit... I could not stop laughing :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back