Making my first video montage. Tips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm making my very first video montage on Windows Movie Maker. It's Nastia Liukin with teh song The Worlds Greatest. I;m doing pretty good so far but does anybody have any tips?

No tips here I'm still taking 3 hours to get the video from the camera to the computer LOL

I'm making my very first video montage on Windows Movie Maker. It's Nastia Liukin with teh song The Worlds Greatest. I;m doing pretty good so far but does anybody have any tips?

Hi!

I just had a video montage done, but I needed a professional to help me with it! Tried it first in Movie Maker, but I was converting DVDs, and it just didn't work.

I have, however, created one in Movie Maker. It turned out great, but I had some problems once I'd added over 40 photos. So my advice is, KEEP SAVING while you're creating it! I don't have the most computer memory in the world, so it kept bouncing me out of the program after 40 photos.

Save your work!

Oh, and show us when you're done! :)

Cheers,

DearDeeDee

I use Roxio's Easy Media Creator 7.5 (it's an older version) on XP. I have created slideshows and montages over the last couple of years for our booster club banquet and turn them into DVD movies to play at the event and sold them as a fund raiser afterwards.

Anyway, my longest montage production lasted almost 8 minutes and probably has close to 100 edited video clips (many minutes long). I only have 1.5G of memory on my laptop and faced no issues at all. Although, the rendering did slow down after a while. A decent editing program should not be a memory hogger and should store only editing information (start/stop, speed, sizing, etc.) in RAM.

If you're interested, you can buy old versions of video creator/editor off eBay for cheap (EMC 7.5 is about <$15 new). I use Roxio only because that is what I bought but several other tools are just as good or better. Movie Maker is handy and free but it has its limitations. I don't use it hardly at all, but already found that you can only save files in *.wmv format, which limits what you can do with the final products without more fussing and losing fidelity.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back