Parents mardi gras meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

medic3188

So here we are again....the first meet for the spring season. The fall season was tough for Ambie. She came in dead last in her last two competitions. She was pretty frustrated. She told me last night that she was very nervous for awards, she did not want to come in last. So we had a 10:15 start time and they started late. Bars was first..she always struggles with bars. She can only do the kick pullover, not the two leg pullover, so she starts with a .5 deduction.

Bars: Best she has done all season 8.65 5th place medal
Beam: handstand looked great, it was a bit wobbly 8.45 7th place, no medal
Vault: she piked a bit going in 8.65 4th place medal
floor:amazing, the best she has done all season. It was beautiful, her leap was high and her legs were straight. 8.75 6th place medal

Overall 34.5 5th place medal

This was a far cry from the kid who was at the bottom of the pack. Her team took 2nd place. She was so happy.

Wow Amber!!!! It is amazing how more practice really does bring better results. She must be feeling very happy. Did the team get a trophy?

Good for her!! I bet it felt so wonderful to see such an improvement! And boy did she ever turn it around!! I'm so happy for you both :D

yes the team got a huge tropy and the medals have mardi gras beads instead of ribbon.

yes she has been practicing hard..although her coach thinks that she competes much better than she practices and so she wants her to increase her intensity. Ambie is just very competitive.

Congrats to your DD! I bet that helps her confidence levels!

5th Place and with a 9.5 start value, just imagine where she will be when she gets that pull over!

Way to go on the 5th place finish! You must be so proud! It's nice when you start to see their hard work pay off!

The medals with beads sound very cool!

Congrats on a great meet, and congratulate Amber on showing all the hard work she put in. This is a new year and things look like they will be going great. Placing high has such a difference in their confidence level, I know it shouldn't but the medals really do help.

WAY TO GO AMBER! What a great start on her spring season ,I'm sure she was all smiles with all thoses medals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back