WAG Maroney Injured

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

McKayla Maroney missed her feet while tumbling during the warm-up today at womens' finals. I only saw the end of the fall, but it looked like a back twisting salto that she twisted too early on. Oh my gosh, it was scary! She took it to the head, but it looks like she's okay but probably has a concussion. She didn't compete, obviously. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that she makes a full and quick recovery! It looks like she's going to petition to be on the Olympic team.

She has a concussion and a broken nose, but was back at the arena for awards, made the National teams and trials of course. Maybe a few days light training is a gift right now.

She petitioned to trials not the O team.

no. when artur reached in too late (not his fault...she's fast as lightning) to spot her, and her head bounced up from the floor her nose ran in to Artur's wrist. lol! :):)

I find it tough to believe with a fall like she had (more like a slam) that she does not have symptoms of a concussion...the new recommendations are that the person be symptom free (i.e no headaches or fatigue or nausea etc) for a week and have complete brain rest before returning to their daily activities , never mind training for the Olympics. I can see where she would "say" she doesn't have any symptoms because trials are only weeks away but it still is scary...

i have it on good word that she is fine. and she even knew her name, address and cell phone number, etc; 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 90 etc; minutes out from the time she bounced. she should be back in the gym today.:)

I was there also and that was nasty looking. It could have been a lot worse but she was nice and tight when she landed. It looked like she over-rotated to me but I am not sure what skill was doing for sure. I just caught the end.

Dunno, I am just curious, but how does that happen? Did she just get lost in the air?

well...kinda like that. it's that vestibular thing again. She actually does a 3 1/2 twist 1st pass if you have ever seen her floor. and it's as good as a guys...well that's if any guys were regularly doing them. so then, Artur has her warm up triples (3 twists) to ready for the 3 1/2. she kinda a went a bit hard and i think (my opinion based on experience, not actually knowing her as well as my own athletes) she got a bit confused as to what she was doing. and when she realized what she was doing, the floor had already passed her by. and i also understand that our reflexes slow down just a bit as we get older...(right Artur?) hence the broken nose. i have to admit i laughed hard once i knew she was okay. it's one of those "gymnastics" moments.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back