Maroney triple full?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivyagogo

Coach
On the Today show, they said they should change the name of the Amanar to the Maroney. McKayla said she would like a vault of her own named after her. To me, that sounded like she is planning to show us her triple full at some point.

It looks to me like she has plenty of air time to toss in another 1/2 twist. What do you think?

Dunno has seen her do it into a pit. He says she can do it. I hope she can safely show it at next year's worlds.

I really hope that Maroney sticks around and becomes the first woman to complete a Yurchenko triple. She could do it, I'm sure. There are reports that she's landed them in practice, right?

I don't know which rotation best suits her strength, twisting orsomersaulting, but if she has a knack for double back piked on floor and can pull it like her double tuck at the end of her combo pass, which is to say like a rabbit out of a hat........I think a piked double yurchencko should come to her fairly easy. Yeah, like that could ever be an easy vault.

Scoff if you wish, but in 40 years of gymnastics I've yet to see anyone start lifting upwards from the table as Maroney does. She leaves the table about 9 degrees before verticle, rises about 30 inches to place her center of gravity nearly 10 feet above the floor, and looks completely balanced and in control.

She does it so well, that I'd be surprised to see any male gymnast equal her technically coming onto and pushing off of the table. I know there are men doing this vault who are getting by just fine, and they don't have nearly the technical mastery of Mc Air. I don't know what y'all think, but if she wants to make a statment after the tre twist........

Now that's using your imagination! I didn't even think that far ahead. I was wondering if she could get the salto "spring" wound tight enough for 2 1/2 rotations when coming from her hands, and missed the twist as an aid to the salto.

So were you thinking the twist could help with the salto phase, and why haven't we heard any rumblings of double saltos in the context of Maroney.

She should do a full in! Has anyone ever competed one before?

This was just posted on McKayla's facebook page:

For those wondering... Before Olympics, McKayla turned PRO (professional athlete) giving up her NCAA eligibility.

McKayla is going to make a run at Rio 2016 Olympic
Games. Also, a new vault is on McKayla's mind.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back