Parents Massage?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beetle has been having some back aches lately. She tweaked it doing vault. Because it is Meet Season she just can't take a week off.. so it is a nagging ache.

Well I took her for a massage today. She feels Great! The therapist really was able to get in and work out the tension. He worked her lowerback, shoulders all the way down her legs.

He said that she should probably have a regular appointment to just work and relax her muscles. Her shoulders were tighter than any 14 year olds should be. He has worked on other Athletes, gymnasts, skaters, dancers, marathon runners, Body builders.

Have any of you done massage for your gymmie?

yep, dd has had 3 or 4 massages and absolutely loves them. I go in all her appointments with her and talk with the massage therapist while she works (she's awesome, gives lots of hints and tips on how to keep her in good form).

dd does have regular chiropractic appointments to keep everything in line (once a month - unless there's an issue) and she does the massage as needed. I think it's a great tool (and treat) for gymmies.

I'm glad that your dd enjoyed hers

Not a professional one--that's a great idea. May I ask how much it cost? And how did you find one that does athletes?

We haven't tried massage for DD (although I love a good one when I have the extra money...which is almost never) We do regular chiropractic though. We go to a guy that works with sports injuries...amazing what they can do!

I imagine that in some places massage therapy could be covered by insurance if you can get the doctor to prescribe it.

Snowbound

What a great idea! I know some of the high level, older swimmers on my boys team get regular sports massages to help stay in top form. It's also been recommended to help with my allergies. So definitely health benefits!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back