Parents Maybe I have a leo problem

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Alibri

Proud Parent
Does anyone else have a leotard problem?
As in buying too many leos for your DD's?
My DD is only 6 and leos take up at least 1/3 of her closet. She does not need that many, not even close! She has more leos than actual outfits, most likely. If I see a cute leo, new or used, I tend to go ahead and get it. She even has quite a hefty pile for her next size up. Why are these cute leos so tempting to buy!?!? Maybe I have a problem. Anyone else? What are you and/or your DD's favorite leo? My DD's favorite is her pink leo with a sparkly monkey on it.

All of YG's favorite leotards are hand-me-downs… one used to be OG's favorite until she outgrew it. The other three favorites belonged to an amazing gymnast friend who lives really far away ;)

At this point, OG's favorite leotards are any that fit, lol. A couple came from another great gymnast in the same family ;)

My girls love leos and have a hefty collection. My ODDs favorites are anything from Rebecca's Mom borderlight collection. My YDD is in love with old style Cirque leos that are all blingy.

Last edited:
My lv 6 dd has about 5-6 leos. All she cares about is if they are comfortable. Although they have to constantly be washed bc not too many in the rotation, I'd rather have it this way. She is at the point where she does need a few more, but it's not an obsession. I'm not into that kind of stuff so I'm glad, and so is my pocketbook :) She finds that the Destira leos are really comfortable. Those are the ones that they give out at the Manhattan Classic and they hold up amazingly.

Love some Leo's!!! And if it's got a cute back, I'm sold!
Dd could probably wear a different Leo everyday for a month of practice!

We also have lots of leos....but I don't pay full price. Gk often has really good sales (seasonally it seems) so we usually only pay about $20 for a leo that maybe started out at 65 or 70. It means she doesn't always get one she eyed in the catalog, but she's got plenty. Add in spirit leos from the past years (she still fits them all) and leos from things like tops and whatnot, and it is quite a collection.

We also have lots of leos. I justify buying them because I don't have to wash them as often. ;) I usually do get good deals on them. I've only bought a couple special ones for full price at our gym's store but they sell the leos for less than the prices on the gk website. If you do need new gk ones, they are having a great sale right now on their spring line.

My gymmie loves Plum leotards because they are soft and stretchy. We started out at this size with five leos, which was one for each day of practice plus one extra in case the wash didn't get done on time. Then add meet leos, spirit leo, the Olympic replica I couldn't resist, and a couple of holiday gifts, and now we are up to 12 even after we donated one meet leo she hated, with 3 more anticipated to join the collection soon (meet, camp, new spirit leo).

When she puts her clothes away, she always puts the clean leos on top of the pile. I have been known to sneak in and rotate them to the bottom so the same four leos don't always get worn.

We definitely have a problem....I think DD8 has around 25 leos, and that's with giving a few away recently. Plus, one of the other mom's sent me a a pic today of new leos our gym got in with the gym name embroidered and matching shorts, so yeah....gonna have to buy that too.

We are the exception to the rule. And I'm slightly jealous, I would love to see her in a bunch of cool leos.

My kid likes the few she has and wears them to death and gets cranky when we cant turn the laundry around quick enough for her to wear one of the four she wears. There might be 3 others but she would rather wear a stinky one then one that is not the beloved 4. Its almost time for their summer leo order, so we will finally have a 5th one she will wear.....

Problem here too. You are so not alone. Dd loves the Snowflake design leos
YG and OG both have had a Snowflake leo as their favorite… It's patriotic with blue background, white stars and red lines with a little sparkle thrown in. Got it for OG several years ago. She was CRUSHED when she outgrew it! Now YG wears it and understands why it was OG's favorite.
They each have about 6 that they wear regularly… and if necessary, they have more available - OG had to wear velvet yesterday because her other ones were dirty. It was too hot for velvet, lol.

Same Problem. Having just received 2 new GK suits (They were on sale), I went through the exercise of counting how many she has. 19 that fit currently, 2 that she can grow into and 2-3 that have been outgrown. The struggle is real.

It's only a problem if I actually count them lol
Dd has heaps -it's no use this Mama bear buying her cute outfits to wear around as she spends all her time in the gym... so I tend to buy cute Leo's ( that she likes) quite regularly ....

YG and OG both have had a Snowflake leo as their favorite… It's patriotic with blue background, white stars and red lines with a little sparkle thrown in. Got it for OG several years ago. She was CRUSHED when she outgrew it! Now YG wears it and understands why it was OG's favorite.
They each have about 6 that they wear regularly… and if necessary, they have more available - OG had to wear velvet yesterday because her other ones were dirty. It was too hot for velvet, lol.
My oldest dd had 2 Snowflake crushed velvet leos (crushed velvet is very comfortable, as I've been told) when she was about 11 that she wore for years. It was like they grew with her. Eventually, there were patches where the fabric had worn through (threadbare) and it was becoming a little revealing. I told her they had to go. She was very upset and wouldn't part with them. I finally took them and hid them. She accused me of throwing them away and was very angry. I think I still have them, but drastic efforts had to happen to get her to stop wearing them. We love Snowflake leos! I used to buy them off eBay at $11 until they became so popular and the prices aligned with all the others. My youngest DD has one she likes, but she loves Ozone leos. I think she has 4, including her comp leo.

Yes, I have a problem. Admitting it is the first step. Is there a support group for leo addicts? (I think we have 19)

My oldest dd had 2 Snowflake crushed velvet leos (crushed velvet is very comfortable, as I've been told) when she was about 11 that she wore for years. It was like they grew with her. Eventually, there were patches where the fabric had worn through (threadbare) and it was becoming a little revealing. I told her they had to go. She was very upset and wouldn't part with them. I finally took them and hid them. She accused me of throwing them away and was very angry. I think I still have them, but drastic efforts had to happen to get her to stop wearing them. We love Snowflake leos! I used to buy them off eBay at $11 until they became so popular and the prices aligned with all the others. My youngest DD has one she likes, but she loves Ozone leos. I think she has 4, including her comp leo.

Yes, I have a problem. Admitting it is the first step. Is there a support group for leo addicts? (I think we have 19)

The Velvet Fog

I wish I had that problem I keep asking her if she wants more and she says no. She has some Capezio ones that I got when she first started that are really dance leos not gym leos that she wears more than her expensive GK ones. Shes just about outgrown those though so maybe I can get her to wear new ones soon. Problem is she is between sizes right now either her booty hangs out or its so loose you see things you shouldnt!

we have a lot of leos but in part due to dd not growing. she is on year #3 with some of her leos. yesterday i was actually wondering if i should retire some b/c the bum area is a bit on the thin side. don't need it splitting at the gym! i've bought "up" leos that i thought she would be in now. she's not. haha. but we've gotten a bunch of leos the last 2 years at meets so i've not had to go buy more in her current size. we got one last year at her level 4 state meet that thought it say AXS, it looks huge next to her. i need a size between CL and AXS for her. lol. i don't think she's going to be one of those super muscular gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back