WAG Mckayla Maroney

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymlover

Gymnast
Is she capable of a TTY? Why isn't she working it? Also why doesn't she compete a Silvas? She is SO powerful

She is training one. I hear she at least has it into a pit. Simone Biles is training it too, but is further behind than McKayla.

I can't tell you where I heard that she is training them, it's just something I retained from various Tumblr/blogs/tweets.

Help me out here, I've been reading a few threads that mention a 'Silvas' on floor is it? I'm not too familiar with named floor skills. What exactly is it?
As for Maroney and Biles and the TTY I'm sure if they don't have any injuries or troubles it'll show up at some point, I wouldn't bet on it too soon though. I've also heard that they're getting it into the pit or nearly there but not competition ready. I think they want to be sure before they take them out, a matter of time I guess. Although on the gymnastics continuum I'd much rather see a failed TTY then another crappy Prudunova. Yeah a horrific knee injury could keep you from every doing serious gymnastics again but it's better than snapping your neck and going the way of several gymnasts we know of who've had much worse happen to them.

it's S-I-L-I-V-A-S. just sayin...and they are doing them in to a pit with mats. no hard landings as of yet. :)

Hey dunno.....

Have either of these gals tried a double salto Yuri?

yes, Maroney and Ross both did them when they were younger. they both were teammates with Jenny and Howie at that time. it was up on youtube for awhile but i have not been able to find it. if it resurfaces i'll be sure to put it up.:)

Biles and Maroney both have them into the pit for sure, no competition surface yet, I don't think we'll see one from either of them at Worlds, just a gut feeling. MyKayla Skinner had one into the pit a while ago, I'm not sure how she's doing on that though.

Yeah I doubt they will do them at Worlds (this year anyway). I think that if they do try to do it, they will be injured.

And I think yuri is just short for Yurchenko. Not sure though

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back