me again...are you tired of me yet?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

auntiedina

my niece is starting to get these callouses (sp?) on her little hands. What should i be doing for that? anything?

caring for your hands

Caring for your hands is very important in gymnastics. Calluses are what cause rips. Once the callus gets large enough, it catches on the bar and rips off. Calluses should be filed down on a regular basis. You can get callus files at most nail salons. Great question, I need to sell callus files here at Leotard Crazy.

Once she gets a rip, keep it moist so it does not crack. We have a great product here at Leotard Crazy that is specifically made for gymnasts. It is called HandeBalm.

ty SO much!

can you use the handbalm before a rip happens? or do you just just the file and regular lotion?

and can i say that it sounds painful to have a calluse ripped off!?!?!?! :eek:

Regular lotion is fine if you don't have a rip.

I personally like to use a pumice stone for my calluses, and I love the Handebalm!

Yeah, I had to get grips about a month after I started gymnastics at age six. Since my hands were so small, I had to make tape grips for about a year. Now, I'm level nine and thirteen! I still have to file my hands and feet after practice six days a week,

Yeah, I had to get grips about a month after I started gymnastics at age six. Since my hands were so small, I had to make tape grips for about a year. Now, I'm level nine and thirteen! I still have to file my hands and feet after practice six days a week,

This is a 6 year old thread. Please leave these thread alone.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back