meet director

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can anyone tell me how I can become a meet director. Is there a class I need to take. I am located in New Jersey and my gym has few meets scedule that they would like me to run. It a USAG meet level 4 and level 4.,5

My DD's gym just completed it's first competitive season. Our meet director had no experience at all. But she did a fantastic job... lots of work tho. She assigned people to chair various committee and she acted as the supervisor. Different committees were: Concessions, hospitality, meet logistics, and I can't remember what else. It was just a core group of parents (maybe 10) who pulled together to pull this off.

I think the BEST thing we did to prepare for it was pull the handbooks off of a few local gym's websites (the "booster" club links) to give us an idea/guideline of how to approach it.

-Lynn

You need to pay for and get your professional number from USAG ($88). Then you need to do the Safety Certification ($65). Part of the USAG number is also the background check. It is more expensive if you have a maiden name or have moved counties or states (Mine was over $100). You then have to take the meet director test ($15), but all the information is online and you just need to fax or mail the test, so you can use the information for a reference when completing. It takes a bit of money.

You should see if they will reimburse you from the meet profit.

Can anyone tell me how I can become a meet director. Is there a class I need to take. I am located in New Jersey and my gym has few meets scedule that they would like me to run. It a USAG meet level 4 and level 4.,5

You have to take a little "meet director's test" and I think you can be a meet director indefinitely. I got mine back in the 90s and I haven't done it since.

May I suggest you get in touch with your State Chair to let them know that you want to be a meet director. It's good to know who they are so that you are "in the loop". I'm sure they will direct you to the USAG website and the Rules and Policies which you will need to read for the test. It's not a big deal...but you will be responsible for a lot...there are consequences if the rules are not followed.

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back