WAG Meet Director

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nycgymmom

Coach
Proud Parent
Is it possible to become a meet director without being a coach? i am looking at usag and little confused.

Is it possible to become a meet director without being a coach? i am looking at usag and little confused.
Yes as others have said - no need to be a coach.

I was an involved parent that stepped up to fill a need. You do have to become a professional member of USAG ($); you have to be safety certified ($); you have to do the safe sport training; you have to pass the background check ($); and you have to pass the meet director’s exam ($).

Being a meet director takes a lot of time leading up to a meet depending on how much help you get from the host club. Most times, a meet director is performing duties on a voluntary basis. On meet weekend, it can be very time consuming with a lot of attention to detail required. While you don’t have to be a coach, an in-depth knowledge of the sport is necessary.

Good luck.

Yes as others have said - no need to be a coach.

I was an involved parent that stepped up to fill a need. You do have to become a professional member of USAG ($); you have to be safety certified ($); you have to do the safe sport training; you have to pass the background check ($); and you have to pass the meet director’s exam ($).

Being a meet director takes a lot of time leading up to a meet depending on how much help you get from the host club. Most times, a meet director is performing duties on a voluntary basis. On meet weekend, it can be very time consuming with a lot of attention to detail required. While you don’t have to be a coach, an in-depth knowledge of the sport is necessary.

Good luck.
Thank you for the info....
I have coached pre team and been in the sport over 6 years i have been throwing around the idea for sometime now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back