WAG Meet Pressure!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
My DD has issues with the beam! Lets just say if she saw a chainsaw at the gym there would only be saw dust left!

She recently started doing a private lesson (30 min.) to help get past the fears. Her series on beam has been handstand BWO (Xcel Platinum) and has been doing ok with them for the whole season. During the private she would NOT do the BWO at all on the high beam.

After the practice she lets me know that during practice she will never do them but with the added pressure of a meet she just does it!

I have to wonder what to do with her sometimes!! But at least she does do it when it counts the most!!

I feel your pain, my older DD also has massive beam issues but for her things seem to get WORSE at meets. ;)

ugh...we have kids like this. can't do certain skills during practice but at meets they pull it out of nowhere! Frustrating to watch, I'm sure, but at least she does it at meets ;)

One of my friends is like this . The best way my coach handles it is to ask her were she is comfertable and is able to be doing it and for one or two practices thAt is the only way she does it . I as a gymnast would say if she is scared try stacking up the eight inchers under the beam and slowly take them away when she feels comfortabl. If you don't mind me asking how is is your dd? My friend had this problem with back handsprings on beam I did to but if she Is between the ages of 8-11 then it is a natural stage be ause you grow a lot and things seem to feel funky when you grow .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back