MAG Meet Related Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

J&A's mom

Proud Parent
Hi,

We have a gymnast who will be 20 on May 31, 2018. He cannot compete USAG anymore, but won't be going to a 4 year college until the 2018-19 school year(hopefully). He has graduated from high school.

What meets can he compete, i.e.....what meets have an "elite" or "open" division?

Thank you for any help you can give!

Is this just a rule in men's competition? I know when my girls competed there were a few gymnasts definitely out of high school and college who competed right alongside of them as level 10s....most recently that i recall, Houry Gebeshian (Iowa grad) and Melissa Doucette (Bridgeport) both competed after their college careers were over. And Taylor Alexx returned to JO competition the year between her first year at Utah and her transfer to ASU.....you might want to ask...

Reactions: sce
Is this just a rule in men's competition? I know when my girls competed there were a few gymnasts definitely out of high school and college who competed right alongside of them as level 10s....most recently that i recall, Houry Gebeshian (Iowa grad) and Melissa Doucette (Bridgeport) both competed after their college careers were over. And Taylor Alexx returned to JO competition the year between her first year at Utah and her transfer to ASU.....you might want to ask...

Just a rule on the men's side. Over 18 is fine on the women's side.

Reactions: sce
Oh, HNI for sure too. He could look into BlackJack maybe? Possibly Brian Babcock as well? Since the Colorado Open is, well, an open, I assume that would work.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back