Parents Meet Report - 2nd level 6

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
The parents from the session before us said the judging was tough...and we were the last session of the weekend. 4:30 on a Sunday night - ugh. We had a bunch of tired judges. Not for nothing but they may have dozed off when kids fell LOL. But as usual scoring makes no sense. And I'm sure the judges saw something that was worthy of over 9.0 from routines with 2 falls.

That said - DD had a blast and came home with medals.

Floor was really good but she took a tiny step to the side after landing her back tuck . . 8.9 . . . 3rd place

Vault was . . well lets be honest that's the event we understand the least of all. She stuck her landing (I think) and she got a 8.5

Bars . . . oh that level 6 bar routine . . cringe . . . 8.05! This is a 1.05 higher then her first meet and we were thrilled. ** insert happy dance here**

Beam 8.65 with a fall on her full turn. Grrrr. 4th Place. She worked so hard on that full turn all last week. It's beautiful for a while then something gets out of sorts and she can't land them again. I think it's a combination of speed and spotting. I noticed on floor she doesn't always come out of the turn steady. Oh well . . . we got an entire season to figure it out.

All Around she placed 6th

The poor thing had a migraine brewing by the time we got in the car. Thankfully she was able to get comfy and slept the entire 1.5 hour ride home.

Got a new video camera - God willing I'll be able to get it off the camera, edited and posted soon:D

ps. I love meet season. So much fun

Glad she did so well and had a great time. My DD had her 3rd L6 meet this weekend as well. I hear ya about the beam full turn---not one of the moves my DD has mastered yet LOL. As for floor, the team really worked hard on their floor routins this week to look sharp and it showed. DD scored much better this meet than the last 2. As for bars, still trying to figure out what is going wrong there:eek:, coach thinks its the clear hip circle but who knows LOL. Next meet isn't for another month so he said they will work on it :)

Sounds like a great meet! Congrats to her and hope she gets that darn full turn back perfectly soon.

Sounds like she made a lot of improvements. I hope my daughter can do the same in her 2nd level 6 meet in 3weeks. Level6 has been a real challange for her so far, it seems like she was so much more prepared for 5. My daughter is pretty good at bars but she did not score that well at her first meet. I hope she can make an improvement for the next, I think the first half is difficult with the clear hip. Right now she has had several nasy rips on her hand since her last meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back