Parents Meet Report - A long post...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beetle's 3rd meet was yesterday. Third meet week in a row! This felt like a really short week since we were out of state last week for The Chow's meet. I can't wait for this upcoming weekend, we don't have a meet and I get to finally clean my house!!

For the 3rd week in a row, she started on Beam. She normally loves beam and after last weeks 7th place she was on a high going into the meet. She wobbled a little after her BHS but went right for the connection.. then fell on her BWO. The rest of the routine looked nice. A couple minor bobbles. She didn't get connection value. score - 7.475. I was hoping she could just shrug it off.. But as you may know, she doesn't do that well. Inside, thought no state this week since this is her best event. I just hoped she would have a little victory on some other event!

Onto Floor - this week in practice she really concentrated on the little things for floor. Straight knees - pointed toes... etc. Her coach also changed up her tumbling passes a little bit. She had been doing a punch front in to a full twist. They changed it to a punch front into a Layout and had her do a full twist for her second pass. She went out there and really showed it off..score 9.25!! That is her highest event score EVER!! A full point higher than last week!

Vault - I thought we hit the ceiling with her vault scores last week and the 8.45. nope! 8.575! with a 9.1 start value.. Where did This kid come from???? The Vaulting kid? Holy cow?

Finally Bars... All of a sudden I add up the scores and say.. what? How can this be? She can still qualify for state.. she needs a 8.2 - granted this would be her highest bar score of the season.. but she is on a roll... She hit her pirouette on the first cast, barely tapped her legs on her glide. She didn't get her Cast Handstand on high bar, giant giant flyaway Stuck landing. I was waiting for that start value. I knew that if they didn't give her credit for the handstand she only had a 9.5 SV. She hit about 70degrees.. they showed her start value.. 10.0 then... the score...... 8.25!!!!! All the mom's and I cheered!! WOO HOOO..State score! 33.55!

Then onto awards. She doesn't normally care about medals.. she isn't used to getting many medals. There were 14 in her age group. They start calling up Vault places. They call her name for 1st place??? WHAT??? Vault champ? That has never happened! She was glowing. Bars 3rd place!! and FLOOR champ!! 4th in the all around!
We have 3 L8's they are 11, 13 & 15 all in different age groups.. We were so proud because they all won Floor... those girls worked so hard... It is nice to see some recognition for them.

More important than the state score, I told Beetle how very very very proud we were of her that she was able to just blow that beam score off.. and not let it get her down. Last year she wouldnt have been able to do that.. she would have let it effect her the whole meet.. She found the maturity to move on and let each event stand on its own. She told me later that when she got off beam, she didnt look at her score at first, she just told her teammates, 'oh well, that will be my lowest score of the day' Then told her coach 'I am excited for floor' ! This kid didnt exist 2 weeks ago! It is amazing how the maturity arrived.

Thanks for reading my obnoxiously long and bragging post... LOL..

Wow! She must be so thrilled. 2 first place medals and a 4th AA. That is fantastic. She had a wonderful meet and should be very proud of herself. Way to Go!

What a fabulous meet Beetle had, to improve on so many things and also to become greart at new things. The State qualification is wonderful, now she can relax and really enjoythe rest of her meets.

I hope you enjoy the cleaning!

I think that is the kind of day that all of us (the parents) dream of for our kids.

She has obviously worked hard for it, too. Well done - we are all so happy for her.

That's GREAT! It takes a lot of maturity and focus to shake the lower score and go on to produce great results in the other events!

Congratulations to your daughter!

I love, love, love your report - I am so happy for you and beetle! She did it, she qualified and not only that, she's a vault and floor champ! Go girl!

I love reading reports like this, just when you think she's down and out - oh no, that's not happening today - she ROCKS the house!

Awesome stuff! Did you video???

Wow!! She is doing great and way to go after a hard start on beam. Congrats to her on qualifying for states and for all those personal bests!!! All that hard work paid off. And what a way to show off that hard work on her floor routine, and with a change in tumbling pass! :D

Last edited:
I love, love, love your report - I am so happy for you and beetle! She did it, she qualified and not only that, she's a vault and floor champ! Go girl!

I love reading reports like this, just when you think she's down and out - oh no, that's not happening today - she ROCKS the house!

Awesome stuff! Did you video???

I did video, but my computer will not recognize my video camera~! I need to work on it! I might use a teammates next time so I can post some video.

Hey, brag away!! We love to hear great reports like that! She must still be on cloud nine! :cloud9: Good for her, keeping it all together after the beam. Isn't it amazing how they seem to mature over night?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back