Parents meet report. Charleston Cup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ingwe

Proud Parent
Thanks for all the Good luck wishes and Bar Fairies, they seemed to work! Morgan had an really nice meet. Best of all she conquered the Bars :)

1st up was Beam. She did a really nice rouhtine. Very solid. I was very surprised when she scored only 8.8. Judging seemd hard on that event and scores were pretty consistent.

2nd floor. She looked good. Her front tumbling could be higher but all in all a nice routine with a score of 9.150

3rd Vault. Her scores have gone done from last year (from the 9's to the hight 8's) and I really didn't understand why. They lowered the table to her las tyears setting and it seemed to help. She scored a 9.0 and the vault looked a lot better then it has.

4th Bars. Boy was I nervous. She got up and did a beautiful routine and scored a 9.125!! She was thrilled and looked so relieved after it was over.

She ended up with a 36.075 AA

As far as places go. well that is a different story. They went out 8 places They had two age groups JR and SR with 20 girls in each division. She was in the JR division

She placed 8th on Floor and All round.

She finished 9th on Bars and Beam (just missed a medal on those) and 10th on Vault.

She told me she didn't care about the placements, she was just happy to get a 36 AA and to have stayed on Bars.

Next meet is States. I can't believe it is already here.

I am glad she conquered the bars right before States. That should give her a great confidence boost. I am also impressed with her attitiude. It is great that she realizes that she did a awseome job, even though the placements weren't all that hot. Maybe I will get to see your DD at state's. We try and go support all of our girls. We have 3 L7's. One has competed all season. The other 2 have been injured most of the season. They just managed to get in a meet or two before states.

I am glad she conquered the bars right before States. That should give her a great confidence boost. I am also impressed with her attitiude. It is great that she realizes that she did a awseome job, even though the placements weren't all that hot. Maybe I will get to see your DD at state's. We try and go support all of our girls. We have 3 L7's. One has competed all season. The other 2 have been injured most of the season. They just managed to get in a meet or two before states.

Thanks. She knew going into this meet that sometimes you can score really well but still not place all that great. She is really excited about states.

Maybe will ge tto see each other. We usually stay for the whole weekend and watch everyone. I hope they put the schedule up soon so we can get an idea where and when everyone will compete.

:DYay, so glad she conquered those bars!!:D Congrats to her!!

There was some tough competition there wasn't there? :eek: I would say your DD did awesome with those placements....crazy that she had such high scores and missed the medals!!! The L7 field there was CRAZY competitive!!! Our L7s have been winning first place all around the state this year and I think our highest finisher was 8th with a high 36AA. WOW. :eek::eek: Crazy!

Anyway..what a GREAT way to head into states! Good luck!!!

:DYay, so glad she conquered those bars!!:D Congrats to her!!

There was some tough competition there wasn't there? :eek: I would say your DD did awesome with those placements....crazy that she had such high scores and missed the medals!!! The L7 field there was CRAZY competitive!!! Our L7s have been winning first place all around the state this year and I think our highest finisher was 8th with a high 36AA. WOW. :eek::eek: Crazy!

Anyway..what a GREAT way to head into states! Good luck!!!

That meet is always hard. We've either won 1st or 2nd place at every meet so far (team ) and I think (but am not 100% sure ) that we ended up with 6th place team. They did the team awards on Sat. night and since we competed on Friday we were already gone.

We were up against a team from NC (Everest) and those girls were throwing up some huge scores. Morgan said she was glad they won't be at state. LOL!! They took 1st-5th AA with high 37's and 38's.

Yay, so glad to hear that Morgan had such a good meet! That's awesome news heading into State. Our L7s took 3rd place for team. I think they were behind Everest and Southeastern (the winning team), but we did great. We had one girl with a 38 and a couple with 37s. Lily had a decent meet, but it was L6 so scoring wasn't really that high, even for really super routines.

Meg

I am glad Lily had a good meet!!!!

We were with the Everest team. Yikes, they were really good.

Congrats to your 7's on taking 3rd!!

Thanks! I will post a meet report but want to get the vids that I have up first.

I am hoping to be able to put some video up next week. I had to order a converter program from Sony. I guess my camera records in the wrong format to upload. I have no idea but my IT guy at work told that's what I needed to do. LOL! We'll see if I can get it to work.

Thanks. She knew going into this meet that sometimes you can score really well but still not place all that great. She is really excited about states.

Maybe will ge tto see each other. We usually stay for the whole weekend and watch everyone. I hope they put the schedule up soon so we can get an idea where and when everyone will compete.

They have posted the preliminary schedule for the State Meet. The age groups still haven't been finalized. There are two sessions for Level 7's. They are Saturday, March 20 @ 8:00am and 12:45pm. We (Level 5's) will not be until Sunday @ 12:00pm and 4:15pm.

They have posted the preliminary schedule for the State Meet. The age groups still haven't been finalized. There are two sessions for Level 7's. They are Saturday, March 20 @ 8:00am and 12:45pm. We (Level 5's) will not be until Sunday @ 12:00pm and 4:15pm.

I just saw that. I really hope that we get the second session of L7. I hate that early start time. I am sure they will put the younger ones first so I bet we will be at 8:00 am.

We are going to try and stay for the weekend and watch everyone compete.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back